Nail mail

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The Starstruck collection just fell into my order.. oops.

The Starstruck collection just fell into my order.. oops.

Am I being quite mean here in saying I've not ordered the stars truck collection as I feel I can make better sparkly creations using a base colour covered in glitter?

I'm happy to be corrected as I love my Shellac collections but I'm. It feeling this yet.

Am I being quite mean here in saying I've not ordered the stars truck collection as I feel I can make better sparkly creations using a base colour covered in glitter?

I'm happy to be corrected as I love my Shellac collections but I'm. It feeling this yet.
I hadn't ordered it until I realised that it wasn't as expensive as I was expecting. Result.

I have this thing whereby I have to order every single colour that comes out, so I'd have been ordering it anyway, but the pictures that I have seen have been very pretty (some a bit less inspiring than others, admittedly.)

Completely agree with you and I was a huge cnd snob for a few years and would get every collection. Other brands are ahead of shellac with glitter gels so I've already got many similar, I have a very large collection of loose glitters that I prefer to use too, I encapsulate glitter more than anything now! adore my custom mixes and coloured acrylic powders :D

Shame isn't it. I adore Shellac and my S2 trainer is amazing. I continue my training with them purely because Kate Taylor is so brilliant - Master Painter this month. Woop!

But the removal of Brisa and the collections in general have had my customers clamouring for other brands.

This is an extremely good point. And I can charge extra for my loose glitters whereas I wouldn't for star struck

This is an extremely good point. And I can charge extra for my loose glitters whereas I wouldn't for star struck

Exactly. If clients have all 10 nails glittered it earns me an extra £5.00. Adds up over a day.

Why thank you [emoji23]

I've got one of the Cats Eye polishes on at the moment. They're gorgeous. Quite subtle but really catch the eye.

Shame isn't it. I adore Shellac and my S2 trainer is amazing. I continue my training with them purely because Kate Taylor is so brilliant - Master Painter this month. Woop!

But the removal of Brisa and the collections in general have had my customers clamouring for other brands.
Glad to hear this, I've booked in with Kate for the shellac beginner course in Nov. X

Glad to hear this, I've booked in with Kate for the shellac beginner course in Nov. X

You won't regret it. Totally professional with a wicked sense of humour And always happy to answer questions after you study with her.

Ok I'm actually going to be honest here

But I'm not liking them at all. Im not getting on with the consistency of them soooo thick. And I'm used to brighter finer glitter and the glitter is too flat and mega chunky

Coco - the only one I don't like the coverage of is Blushing Topaz but over Tundra it looks gorgeous!

Looks like I need to be placing another order. Just dropped Garnet Glamour and the neck of the bottle broke off [emoji37].

I need to give it another go

The colour range is off the wall [emoji15]

Exactly. If clients have all 10 nails glittered it earns me an extra £5.00. Adds up over a day.
And certainly over a year [emoji15]

So do people think the Starstrucks are best with one layer applied over a colour? Rather than on their own X 2?

So do people think the Starstrucks are best with one layer applied over a colour? Rather than on their own X 2?

I'm liking a mixture as I always try and put glitters over some of the shelf sitters. Starry Saphire over Midnight Swim is gorgeous.

Emerald Lights on it's own is already really popular.

Latest posts

Back