Please help before I waste any more money

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I tried OPI on myself and didn't get on with it very well. If I'm trying another polish I may give an OPI one a go to

Thanks x

I'm just curious... Are you applying the polish with the same pressure as when you apply your shellac? I only ask cuz if I were to apply nail polish with the same pressure as I apply my Gelish, I'd have issues and find fault with every single polish on the market. I use china glaze as well as cnd, essie, and OPI, and if I were to apply them the way I apply gel polish, I'd find all of them would have a less than satisfactory finish. The consistency of these hybrid polishes are more forgiving than traditional polish, allowing us to be as heavy on the brush without leaving unsightly streaks as they even themselves out and don't just freeze dry like polish does. I'm only saying this because I hope when you give these polishes a try that you apply them with polish pressure, not shellac pressure, and end up thinking there's something wrong with all of them. x

Hi, thanks for this. I hadn't thought that I may be applying to much pressure. Maybe this is why I'm struggling with them. Can I ask how you apply your normal polish (pressure, think layers etc)nor your china glaze?
Now you have suggested this, which I am grateful for as it allows me to think
About my technique, I'm more concerned that I could waste money thinking its the polish when it's me

Thanks for your comments x

Yes it just takes practice and getting to know the right brush control and pressure. But definitely one of the most important basic skills for us nail professionals to know. Good luck.

Latest posts

Back