Product advice

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Allyclarehair

Reaction score
Hey all,

Please see attached photo of my clients hair. She is on lots of medication due to medical problems and has very short baby hairs that stick up and appear "frizzy". We have tried lots of different products to try to thicken the hair and smooth it but cannot find anything that works!

Any suggestions would be much appreciated!

Attachments

• 20240801_133434.jpg
    20240801_133434.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 0
I’m not a hairdresser I’m skincare focussed. However I have discovered that looking after/treating/nourishing your scalp will also condition hair. If your client is on medication this approach may work for her.

Try recommending scalp oils from https://www.ayumi.co.uk/product-category/haircare/hair-oils/
They can be bought in some supermarkets such as Tesco I believe (there isn’t a big Tesco near me so I always buy online).

I developed a fungal scalp problem after a miserable time with long covid and sweaty hot flushes. My hair was already very dry, fragile and frizzy and when my scalp became sensitive, crusty and itchy I didn’t know what to do because the recommended medicated products and professional treatments stung like crazy. Ayumi’s scalp oils were beneficial from the very first application and my hair has steadily improved month after month (I use the oils weekly). Even my husband noticed the difference straight away!

I have long hair that must be at least 4-5 years old so I haven’t replaced all the hair on my head since I started using the oils yet my hair has regained its lustre and looks better than it has done in years. I’ve also reduced the hair loss in my hairbrush.

I’ve also started to mix up hair masks using the dry ingredients on their website and doing a bit of a deep dive into these ingredients and learning more about them. Natural skincare is my background so I’m very comfortable trying out this sort of thing. The results have been amazing. If only I had more time to deep scrub my bathroom shower I would be doing hair masks weekly too!

Latest posts

Back