Promoting Hollywood waxing

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ISparkles

Reaction score
Hi all,

I'd really like to attract more customers for waxing in general, especially Hollywood waxing, but I find it hard to think of different ways to promote this on social media.
Any ideas gratefully received!

Well you need a strategy. Consider the principle of 7 C’s:

Community: find out where your ideal customer likes to hang out on social media and concentrate your efforts in that area. Also be up to date with the type of conversations taking place about your waxing and Hollywoods.

Content: bear in mind the 4 “E’s” Educate (knowledge based: your products, the ingredients, the benefits of waxing compared with other hair removal methods, your sustainability) Empower (helps your customer feel good and identify with your business, so promote role models that chime with your client base, don’t just use skinny, young blonde models for instance,) Entertain (after all isn’t that why people use social media.?) and Engage, so try and build an interactive community, use polls, or offers that require an action. Another popular content strategy is Promote, Educate, Inspire and Entertain. So it’s about creating a good mix of different types of content.

Your entertain content could be silly memes - a dog or a cat in a pose to bring a smile with a “how I feel when I’ve just had a wax/ I forgot to rebook my wax and cant get an appointment with ISparkles this week/ the sun is shining and my armpits are #strappysundress ready/Dont bother me, i waxed for this!

Curation: this is where you share the best and most relevant content from other people in a meaningful and organised way

Creation: This is where you create content to share online. A social media planner calendar can be very helpful to give you an overview and help create a template of activity. According to research, the sweet spot of curation to creation is a 60-40 (60 curation and 40 percent creation). You can also keep track of your promote/educate/inspire/entertain postings and keep an eye on the overall mix.

Connection: this is about understanding what your ideal customer likes. You connect with your target audience by sharing stuff they want to see

Conversation: this is about engaging with your customer base. It’s the interaction.

Conversion: this boils down to awareness, sales and loyalty. Are you who your customers think about, buy from and return to when they want waxing?

Try sticking to one platform and getting comfortable with regular posting and building an audience rather than spreading yourself too thin. Bear in mind that each platform has an ideal content mix for example don’t promote yourself on tic toc, stick to inspire (40%) educate (20%) and entertain (40%),

Have a look online for ideas in a good strategy. Here is one https://desygner.com/blog/industry/... Pinterest,experience and attract new clients.

Be authentic and give clients a flavour of you. I posted a picture of my dinner salad the day we had some lockdown bad news with the caption, I made dinner with a courgette I grew myself. Wine makes things better!. Clients also liked pictures of me in PPE holding sanitizer spray and things like me posing my freshly painted nails around a Buddha. There are lots of ways to give a peek into your salon or your personality.

Latest posts

Back