Self employed; giving your notice?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We both felt acceptable. We agreed on a six weeks was better than 3 months, that evening I got home and was told if my things weren't out of the shop the next day they would be on the front street!!! I had paid 6 weeks rental in advance and was angry how I was treated but was told the contract wouldnt stand up in court etc. i decided to take him to small claims court which cost me £30 to get back the 6 weeks rent i had paid in advance as I hadnt had the benefit of using the salon as per our agreement. I was awarded all my money back and the judge said to him as a business man he had wasted everyones time as he should give me the money back as he hadnt provided the service I had paid for, i was so glad that i dis it as it was thiusands towards my new salon and it made me a stronger person

Sorry for essay and bad writing (on iphone). Just be honest with them and at least you know you have done the right thing and can hold your head high. But be prepared in this business people dont like you working notice so you need to have a back up plan. I worked freelance until my shop was open and its the best decision I ever made as im 100% self employed where as before I felt like someone else had control over me 😊

Thanks Kim, that's really helpful. I am worried as I know when I give it to her I will want to say why or where I am going just to fill the awkward silence!

When I left my last job that I hated I was asked by the manager why I was leaving and just said. "Personal reasons" and she didnt say anything more about it, worth the slight awkward silence because then it couldnt be gossiped about why I left :)

Latest posts

Back