Shellac & lamps

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Calm down and please do not lower me to a NSS salon.

There is no need to talk down to someone - in fact it is extremely

Clearly you are yet another brainwashed individual.

"CND says this so therefore I must do it or it will not work"

Sent from my GT-I9100 using SalonGeek mobile app

Your standards are that of an NSS. You are not using the correct items as per manufacturers instructions. Surely that invalidates your insurance?

Laura x

What's a NSS salon please? Sorry new to all this and catching up lol!

[QUOTE=Nails

NSS - NON STANDARD SALON.

Everything that we do in the salon is performed using the correct products.

Just because we use another brand of lamp does that make us NSS?

I think not! We are fully insured and our company are aware.

NSS Salon means non-standard salon.

It means any salon that does not adhere to proper protocols such as hygiene, safety, legal requirements or manufacturers instructions.

some people think it means salons staffed by asian workers using MMA but that is just a racist stereotype.

By her own statements Nail<3 works in a salon which does not adhere to manufacturer's instructions + consequently has no valid insurance for carrying out these treatments. It's not me that is lowering her to a NSS salon!!

NSS Salon means non-standard salon.

It means any salon that does not adhere to proper protocols such as hygiene, safety, legal requirements or manufacturers instructions.

some people think it means salons staffed by asian workers using MMA but that is just a racist stereotype.

By her own statements Nail<3 works in a salon which does not adhere to manufacturer's instructions + consequently has no valid insurance for carrying out these treatments. It's not me that is lowering her to a NSS salon!!

For goodness sake! Its over a lamp! Our insurers are well aware and we are still insured.

This really annoys me. Its a UV light for gods sake

Nails NSS - NON STANDARD SALON. Everything that we do in the salon is performed using the correct products. Just because we use another brand of lamp does that make us NSS? I think not! We are fully insured and our company are aware. Sent from my GT-I9100 using SalonGeek mobile app[/quote said:
Yes it does. A Non Standard Salon, is a salon that does not use correct procedures and use correct equipment. Your salon would fall under that category.

As per manufacturer's instructions, testing and development the CND uv lamp is the only lamp to cure shellac. Thats the end of it. It's quite simple.

If you use a different lamp to the one that you have been instructed to use that is up to you, but this is a pro forum and newcomers need correct info, and you stating that a generic lamp cures shellac is not correct.

Laura x

[QUOTE=Nails

Im still insured though.

First, you simply do not know that your nails have properly cured. You know that they are hard, and that's all you know.

You know, I am as critical of CND as anyone could be, but it's just insane to ascribe the requirement to use a CND lamp to a "conspiracy," "brainwashing," or "a trap." Anyone who knows the science of how gel polish works knows that Shellac has some unique qualities that impact curing. CND designed the lamp to compensate for those and require you to use it. That's not a conspiracy; that's the act of a responsible manufacturer.Not doing that is the act of an irresponsible service provider. And you certainly cannot be a CND Shellac certified professional if you are not using the CND lamp.

BTW, there is a difference between having insurance and being insured. I don't know how the system works in the UK, but here, if you have a claim and your insurer "discovers" that you knowingly deviated from the manufacturer's instructions, you may be surprised after years of payments, to find your actions defined as "negligence" and your insurance invalidated.

First, you simply do not know that your nails have properly cured. You know that they are hard, and that's all you know.

You know, I am as critical of CND as anyone could be, but it's just insane to ascribe the requirement to use a CND lamp to a "conspiracy," "brainwashing," or "a trap." Anyone who knows the science of how gel polish works knows that Shellac has some unique qualities that impact curing. CND designed the lamp to compensate for those and require you to use it. That's not a conspiracy; that's the act of a responsible manufacturer.Not doing that is the act of an irresponsible service provider. And you certainly cannot be a CND Shellac certified professional if you are not using the CND lamp.

BTW, there is a difference between having insurance and being insured. I don't know how the system works in the UK, but here, if you have a claim and your insurer "discovers" that you knowingly deviated from the manufacturer's instructions, you may be surprised after years of payments, to find your actions defined as "negligence" and your insurance invalidated.

So the company that i am insured with (well known and very popular) know as i made sure to ask and yes we are insured.

If its not properly cured then why to customers return without any peeled or chipped nails?

I do hold a certificate with CND and so do my other staff

Finally we are NOT using cheap lamps - they were expensive at £56 each! Not inc. vat

CND Shellac can be cured with ANY lamp.

All this talk of you must use a CND lamp to cure shellac is just to put pressure on you to spend a lot of money on a lamp and promote the CND brand.

Dont get pulled into the trap

Conspiracy

Calm down and please do not lower me to a NSS salon.

There is no need to talk down to someone - in fact it is extremely

Clearly you are yet another brainwashed individual.

"CND says this so therefore I must do it or it will not work"

Do you not think you are talking down to someone with comments like this, including the very brand you are insulting?

I would only want the best for my clients. If a company makes strong recommendations that it is in ours and the clients best interests to follow their advice with the science to back it, then yes, that is what I would do.

Clearly, yet again, another thread is deteriorating.

Typical

You share your own opinion and those who dont like it come over so high and mighty.

Im not ruining the brand. I love it! But all this over a lamp -

Its still a conspiracy to get money out of you!

at least you appreciate what you are giving is an opinion and not based on any facts!

Do you not think you are talking down to someone with comments like this, including the very brand you are insulting?

I would only want the best for my clients. If a company makes strong recommendations that it is in ours and the clients best interests to follow their advice with the science to back it, then yes, that is what I would do.

Clearly, yet again, another thread is deteriorating.

I agree, but I think it is more than making a "strong recommendation" or advice. It is a condition of use, moreover, here it is a condition of certification.

Typical

You share your own opinion and those who dont like it come over so high and mighty.

Im not ruining the brand. I love it! But all this over a lamp -

Its still a conspiracy to get money out of you!

Conspiracy or not, I go with MI and I use the lamp and I love it.

Its so cheap compared to other lamps out there and I give my clients the full shellac service with the correct lamp.

Laura x

If its not properly cured then why to customers return without any peeled or chipped nails?

I do hold a certificate with CND and so do my other staff

Because service breakdown is not the only symptom of an improper cure; in fact, it may be the least reliable. Here's the info http://www.schoonscientific.com/downloads/tech-articles/article-7-Secrets-to-Curing.pdf

BTW, if you hold a certificate with CND for Shellac, I'm pretty sure you're violating it. Here's what the CND website says about Certification - "Requirements include using the complete Shellac system of UV Base Coat, UV Color Coat, and UV Top Coat for all CND Shellac services. Salons must also use either the Brisa&#8482; or CND UV Lamp for all Shellac services."

I'm going to add something about insurance, which I know as asked my friend who works for a wellknown insurance company today as was on the phone to her about something else, I asked her a hypothetical question because of this thread

I asked if I used a lamp that was not the only lamp recommended by the company to cure their products and was told no other lamp should be used, would I be insured, she said, you would be insured but when it came to a issue and a client claimed then I would probably not be covered when it came to the crunch as it could be used as a get out clause, you'd be insured for everything ele but this and they can say your insured because you are but you'd still be liable if something went wrong and you coudnt quote whoever said your covered as that's not what would be written in the insurance documents, she said it would have to say exactly on docs, plus if your going against the company/manufacturers exact information then this would also be a get out clause for a insurance company

Basically she said the insurance company will have so many clauses and they could and would use this if they could to get out of paying, just thought I'd mention.

And yes I'm a CND girl,... I use all CND products because they should be together, I also use Gelish and have a Gelish lamp, I'm not brainwashed I do it because I want my clients to have the best service with correct products and lamps. I don't want to ever, even if small put a client at risk of uncured product and if S2/CND say their lamp is the only lamp then that's the one to use and to recommend to newbies on here, giving them correct info.

Another lamp debate. I feel like every time I open a thread there's someone posting something to wind people up.

Did you borrow a CND lamp for your training? As far as I am aware you need the correct lamp on the Shellac course.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

I knew this thread was going to end up like this. ADMIN I think its time it got closed please before it gets any more heated. The correct information has been given out by several geeks now. If you choose to go against it that's your doing but don't come crying to us if god forbid you ever do have a claim made against you and you get told you are not covered.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back