Shellac top coat and Brisa Lite top coat different?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Why would anyone want to do this - unless in an emergency? They're the same price?

Because for a lot of us it doesn't really get used, saves it going to waste. x

Because for a lot of us it doesn't really get used, saves it going to waste. x
Why wouldn't it get used and go to waste? It has a massive long shelf life.

Why wouldn't it get used and go to waste? It has a massive long shelf life.

Oh yeah I know :)
its just All my clients that have brisa lite have shellac over the top so I always use shellac topcoat to finish. x

its just All my clients that have brisa lite have shellac over the top so I always use shellac topcoat to finish. x

And that's exactly what you should do :)
Brisa lite smoothing Gel is the perfect Power Partner to CND Shellac.

Recently I have been doing a lot more Brisa Lite Smoothing WITHOUT CND Shellac, where I use CND Additives to create whatever colour Smoothing Gel the client's heart desires - cutting out the CND Shellac steps completely and therefor finishing with Brisa Lite Top Coat.
Doing this let's you use up your CND Additives, Brisa Lite Top Coat, save on Shellac AND give the client the unparalleled personal experience of ultimate, bespoke nail colour customisation.

I'm amazed whenever I talk about this that more people have never tried it, or didn't even know it was possible. A wee tutorial might be in order... would you guys be interested in that?

Recently I have been doing a lot more Brisa Lite Smoothing WITHOUT CND Shellac, where I use CND Additives to create whatever colour Smoothing Gel the client's heart desires - cutting out the CND Shellac steps completely and therefor finishing with Brisa Lite Top Coat.
Doing this let's you use up your CND Additives, Brisa Lite Top Coat, save on Shellac AND give the client the unparalleled personal experience of ultimate, bespoke nail colour customisation.

I'm amazed whenever I talk about this that more people have never tried it, or didn't even know it was possible. A wee tutorial might be in order... would you guys be interested in that?

Yes please!! x

Sent from my iPhone 5S using SalonGeek mobile app

Ooh yes please, I would love to see tutorials on this. I have kept meaning to do this with the icicle additive after speaking to you about it at Olympia but just haven't got round to it yet. :)

I use my Brisa lite smoothing gel for my nail biters Programme 😊 also some of my 'cleaning fairy' clients LOVE it under their Shellac!! 😁

Wee tutorial from Wee Fee sounds a treat :). Please please please xxx

And also how do you charge for BL smoothing gel when you use additives and when on its own? X

Oh yeah I know :)

I seem to be wearing Brisa Lite smoothing gel including the top coat and then Vinylux these days. I like applying the top coat before the Vinylux. I feel it gives me extra security and the Vinylux lasts as long as Shellac ... Married to the Mauve is my favourite colour of Vinylux .. been wearing it constantly.

Fee that sounds fabulous. I wonder if a course should be brought out to cover this. I would personally be booking straight on it, anything for another beautiful CND Certificate for my wall xx

I would love to see a tutorial on this please! I didn't think of using smoothing gel like that.
Just put baby to bed and was planning to do the ironing but now I have to go play nails!
Please let us know where we will find the tutorial :0) x

Great idea WeeFee, I'm looking forward to some good tutorials of using BL Smoothing + Additives!

Word of warning!
I ran out of shellac top coat one very busy summers day and the last 2 clients I used Brisa lite top coat. I found it shrunk slightly after a few days, it didn't chip but you could just see the edge of the nail, so I ended up having to do both again. So unless it is a dire emergency I will never use it as a top coat again.

I've used BL top coat on myself with shellac and got great results (ran out of shellac top coat) but wouldn't be game enough to use it on a client

however, I have mixed my neon pigment with BL smoothing gel before and it was awesome !! :) smoothing gel plus colour in one step, brilliant :)

I seem to be wearing Brisa Lite smoothing gel including the top coat and then Vinylux these days. I like applying the top coat before the Vinylux. I feel it gives me extra security and the Vinylux lasts as long as Shellac ... Married to the Mauve is my favourite colour of Vinylux .. been wearing it constantly.

Married to the mauve is on my to buy list. It looks lovely. x

Latest posts

Back