So disheartened with my polish, help

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Your French lines are really nice and dainty xxx

You can buy OPI and similar anywhere. Go get a few different good polishes. I personally love the OPI brush though some hate it. Maybe try an Essie too.

I have the opi I liked it at first but just re tried with a thinner polish found that a lot easier than the opi x

china glaze have a nice thin brush for doing french manicure white. opi brushes are quite chunky in comparison. try and relax your shoulders and arm when youre doing it and floating the brush on the nail - i know when i try really hard my eyes go cross eyed and im holding myself so stiff my hand shakes more! i was pushing the brush too hard because i was so nervous and trying to control the shakes. try and tilt the clients finger to get round the side - you can angle the brush to follow the curve of the finger as you paint down the sides, i think i was holding it too horizontal so it was difficult to get a smooth line. i also found it hard to get a good line across the top. one thing that helped me was just deciding i didnt care anymore - i had too much pressure on myself to get it perfect for paying clients and i just got to the point where i thought f* it and since then ive been able to be more relaxed doing it which has allowed my painting to improve. good luck :) my french tips are still a bugger though but getting there! :)

i think your main problem by the sounds of it is youre just putting way too much pressure on yourself because its something youve always wanted to do. i would cut yourself some slack and once you start to relax you will improve. remember you want to enjoy it. maybe look it at a perspective for doing it for fun to con yourself into relaxing.

Last edited:
Are you resting you little finger to balance whilst polishing the nails? You need to get comfortable too ☺

china glaze have a nice thin brush for doing french manicure white. opi brushes are quite chunky in comparison. try and relax your shoulders and arm when youre doing it and floating the brush on the nail - i know when i try really hard my eyes go cross eyed and im holding myself so stiff my hand shakes more! i was pushing the brush too hard because i was so nervous and trying to control the shakes. try and tilt the clients finger to get round the side - you can angle the brush to follow the curve of the finger as you paint down the sides, i think i was holding it too horizontal so it was difficult to get a smooth line. i also found it hard to get a good line across the top. one thing that helped me was just deciding i didnt care anymore - i had too much pressure on myself to get it perfect for paying clients and i just got to the point where i thought f* it and since then ive been able to be more relaxed doing it which has allowed my painting to improve. good luck :) my french tips are still a bugger though but getting there! :)

i think your main problem by the sounds of it is youre just putting way too much pressure on yourself because its something youve always wanted to do. i would cut yourself some slack and once you start to relax you will improve. remember you want to enjoy it. maybe look it at a perspective for doing it for fun to con yourself into relaxing.
thays exactly how I am I'm fine at home and On hubby because obvs he doesn't want he's nails done haha but ladies that I no have a level of expectation makes me so nervous I'm going to make a mess I can't relax and shake them I go slower trying to get it perfect by them the polish is going tacky which makes me more stressed I think I do need relax X

Are you resting you little finger to balance whilst polishing the nails? You need to get comfortable too ☺
yey I found this does help but when I'm not at home I've found the lack of work surfaces not helped like the pic I posted on the first page I had to do sat with my nans hand in my lap at home I have a table when I ambush the kids and hubby and I can see a difference just having somewhere rest my arms x

haha hubbies beautiful red polish goes beautiful with he's stained black hands haha x

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    807.8 KB · Views: 52
Your husbands hand poses are so cute

Your husbands hand poses are so cute
hahaha he hates it but he's the only one with any nail hahaha the best is he walks around holding he's hands out for aslong as its on hahaha bless him he even tried get the oil off for me haha x

I'm still training, so no expert but I find practicing on as many different people as possible a real big help. I invite my friends over for the evening and do their nails for them. It's good as I'm finding it a bit easier to chat while I'm doing them too. The polishes you get in the training kits aren't very good, so I got some Misa nail polish from NSI. I contacted them and gave details of my course and who I was training with, and they were happy to give me a student account. I found the base and top coats a little thick, but once I added some polish thinner they are quite nice to work with, much better than the ones in the kits x

I've just ordered some of the all that jazz things as a few people recommend them on these threads so thought will give them a try I did try OPI and liked it at first but find it to thick now think I'm going try a few like the Jessica and Essie see which I like best x

Because All That Jazz dries so quickly, you may experience problems if you're a slow polisher.

Because All That Jazz dries so quickly, you may experience problems if you're a slow polisher.
aww no smh :( I've got a few dif ones to try I didn't no that x

Latest posts

Back