Spray tan systems

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nikki21

Reaction score
Hi,
Ive decided im going to do a course in Spray Tanning and think im going to go with Fake Bake.
Just want to ask anyone out there if they use Fake Bake and how they get on with it and any advice please before i book my course. Plus do you get many clients for spray tanning?
Many Thanks,
Nikki

Yes, I use & love Fake Bake! To my knowledge they haven't had any stock issues since the US took over the UK distribution.

I bought my kit from them too. Ive had it 2.5 years with no problems.

Xx

Hi steph,
Thats great, thanks for your reply. Its good to know you dont have any issues with it. How many colour strengths do they do? Do you have a good client base for fake bake?
Nikki

Hi steph,
Thats great, thanks for your reply. Its good to know you dont have any issues with it. How many colour strengths do they do? Do you have a good client base for fake bake?
Nikki

Hi,
I'm also fake bake trained ...
my clients come to me because I use FB, and it's a brand that's well known and it's tans are flawless every time if you spray them correctly. I charge £20 every time, as it's a branded product the client knows what they are getting.

I stock ... original, darker & 60 minutes as have a varied client base who want different tans.

Iv also done tanning parties & new clients say that tans usually don't take to their legs etc etc then iv tanned them and they've contacted me the next day to say its the best tan they've ever had ...
Xxxx

Sent from my iPhone using SalonGeek app

I'm a fake baker to love it I stock original dark and 60 minutes no problems getting stock

Thanks so much for all your info guys. Have you had any probs with tan turning green under arms..... I've heard this was a prob for FB but personally think it's prob just the client having deodorant. Any more Fake Bakers out there??
Many Thanks
Nikki

Thanks so much for all your info guys. Have you had any probs with tan turning green under arms..... I've heard this was a prob for FB but personally think it's prob just the client having deodorant. Any more Fake Bakers out there??
Many Thanks
Nikki

It is only a problem if they have deodorant on, or wiped over with a wipe. Make sure you give correct prep advice!

I also charge £20 for fake bake. I stock original & darker solution. Id charge £5 extra for 60 min as did the salon I worked at. :)

Xx

Many Thanks
Nikki

... This would be the same for any spray tan used when clients have used deodorants after showering ... Xxx

Yes I thought that was the case if deodorant used. Sorry for all the questions but also would like to know how you go about cleaning tent after every tan and do you find this messy to do. I'm abit worried about getting tan on people's carpets etc although I know that's what the tent is for.
Thanks
Nikki

Yes I thought that was the case if deodorant used. Sorry for all the questions but also would like to know how you go about cleaning tent after every tan and do you find this messy to do. I'm abit worried about getting tan on people's carpets etc although I know that's what the tent is for.
Thanks
Nikki

I use a water resistant tablecloth under my tent ... (Really cheap £7 can get them at any homestore like asda tesco etc ... They are around the BBQ sections as meant for outside tables) this just protects the floor etc ... But tbh
I don't set up on the clients carpets / living room, I usually tan them in the kitchen where all the surfaces can be wiped down easier, iv even tanned in the bathroom if they are big enough to put the tent into ... And even tanned outside in the summer by the back door positioned so do no one can see into the tent ...
.. as you spray the tan onto the client into the tent the tan becomes airborne so you will get a residue left in the air which later settles on furniture etc ... Obviously if it's a tanning party and you have 6 etc the residue left will be worse than tanning one, Iv been tanning for quite a few years so have my technique down to a fine art and my gun set correctly, so it minimises this ... But when you do start you do tend to use too much product & over spray,

(I also clean my tent at home rather than in someones home ... I open it up in the garage and clean it all down ... Leaving it open to dry off ... )

**unless you are buying an extraction unit to fit into the back of the tent or the v2 pod : (expensive but amazing) - iv upgraded my equipment last year and brought one second hand/ reconditioned from fake bake and i love this ... Slightly heavier to carry but has a extraction unit fitted within the base of the blow up tent which is also machine washable ... ** i still have my tent & original machine as a back up (you never know and it's paid for itself tenfold so owes me nothing) **
But I still spray in kitchen etc as I like to play safe ... Better safe than sorry, I dont want a claim for someone carpet / sofa going through my insurance.

Hope this has helped you a little ...
Xxxx.

Hello there, thank you so much for very valuable info. That's worth thinking about the extraction unit isn't it as like you say it's airbourne then settles on furniture etc.

Latest posts

Back