Spray tan twice in 2 days?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lindabop

Reaction score
I have just done a client with Suntana 14. She mentioned she would like darker (she's had it before) but that's the darkest I have, apart from nouvatan 20% which she was happy to have, but I refused because I think it would be to dark for her, but she wanted to try it so I have done one leg with 20% nouvatan and the rest with 14% suntana! Just so we can see for future reference! My question is if I spray her again tomorrow will she go darker and if so what would you recommend using?
Thanks

I know a lot of people have done that hun and some use the same % but I have also seen others use a lower % so 12% if you used a 14% originally.

I haven't tried it though. But there's lots on here from people that have done it xxx

Hey thanks. I tried a search but couldn't find what I was looking for, obviously not using the right words!

Personally I wouldn't spray tan a client twice in 2 days now....when I first began, I made the mistake of applying a tan twice on a client who also wanted to go darker and yet she still felt the colour was not dark enough, so I shopped around (by this time it was obvious that clients wanted to be as dark as possible) and found a solution called Brown Bitz...I now stock all strengths of Brown Bitz solutions for clients that prefer the Ultra dark look and they are very happy with the results...and it lasts for ages, if maintained as advised. I also use LA Tan as other clients prefer a sunkissed glow and I found that to be the best in terms of colour and fade off.
Hope this helps

Do a search using the term "double dip" you can tan twice in 2 days, but not twice on the same day. If you do a double dip tan the client might end up with a nasty fade off, they will need to spend much more time on maintaining the tan as it fades. As long as they are aware of the pro's and cons and know that they are paying double for something they could get with just one application of a different solution it is their choice.

As Tanfastic says you can do a 'double dip tan' where you spray them wait until washed off and then spray them again the next day.

This was how we would get a darker tan before the higher percent tans were developed so I wouldn't recomend double dipping a 14% with another layer of 14%. It would still go darker with a second tan using a lower percent sprayed over the developed 14%. I would say to try a 10% or 12% maximum over the 14% developed tan if you have to do a double dip.

The best way to explain double dip tanning is to say when you tan and then do not go out in the sun again your tan fades and you go back white. When you tan and then go out in the sun again you tan more and go darker. This is the same theory of double dip tans. The client gets a tan and then you apply more DHA so they start the tanning process again over their new tan and this will make them go darker.

The problems with double dip type of tan are that they do tend to have a worse fade off than just spraying once with a higher percent solution.

Suntana do booster drop if you want to make the 14% darker :-D

Sent from my LT18i using SalonGeek

I asked this Q in a previous thread but didnt get an answer. So if I sprayed a client with 12% but she wanted it darker, I could spray her again the next day after showering but use a lower %age like 8 or 10. Good to know:)xx

Latest posts

Back