Starting out

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm in the same situation. I'm currently working a 40hr a week non beauty job fitting in clients on my days off and after work. I built up my client base while working for a makeup counter doing brow waxing and when I left my customers followed me. I have a fb page where i post pictures and appointment times but it's now getting to the point where I want to go out on my own and have my own business, like said by other people it's the possibility of failing which is a massive worry.
At what point did people know when the right time was to set up on their own?

Facebook - facebook.com/hcbrows

Hi I have been hairdressing for 16 years now I've worked in different salons...rented chairs...worked from home...done mobile...an opportunity came up this year to get my own salon so I just took the risk... it's very scary and I've only been in the salon 5 months yet and there have already been times I've nearly walked away but if it's what you really want then just stick at it... it will be tough for at least a year until you find your feet but so worth it in the end xx

Latest posts

Back