Sunbeds?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I started getting little white patches on my skin where it was affecting the pigmentation! So I thought I'd better stop lol x

What are the white patches? Do you get them after tanning? x

Have been doing some research into this, here is a fact, whether you want to use sunbeds or not, it is all down to personal opinion, but I wonder how many people have taken on their opinion due to the media scaring them into it? I remember the media coming out with the contraceptive pill increases your chance of getting breast cancer, using an aerosol deodrant can cause cancer. If you read what is actually written, nothing actually causes it, if you are going to have cancer...it will happen, doing all the 'wrong' things just "increases the risk", but we have to be told this now due to how the world is with people sueing each other. My mums best friend died from cancer but never smoked, drank, sat in the sun, she ate healthily (everything in moderation) walked to places rather than jumping in the car and it still got her. My uncle, at the age of 45 now has been smoking like a chimney since the mere age of 9, he has been diagnosed with terminal cancer (brain tumor) not lungs as you would probably expect. And I know elderly women and men that have been doing all the 'wrong' things their whole lives, glass of sherry everyday, smoking, greasy fry up for breakfast each morning, out in the garden doing the gardening all day with no suncream on, etc and they are still alive and kicking with no health problems.

"Some people are more at risk than others. Heredity plays a major role. If your mother, father, siblings, or children (first-degree relatives) have had a melanoma, you are part of a melanoma-prone family. Each person with a first-degree relative diagnosed with melanoma has a 50 percent greater chance of developing the disease than members of the general public who do not have a family history of the disease. If the cancer occurred in a grandmother, grandfather, aunt, uncle, niece, or nephew (second-degree relatives), there is still an increase in risk compared to the general population, though it is not as great.
There is no difference between natural sunlight and sunbeds; tanning salon sunbeds produce the same UV light as the sun.
Research has shown that in countries with the most annual sunshine, there are the fewest cases of Colon, Prostate and Breast Cancer - thus refuting the link between UV light and Cancer conveyed by the media.
Scientific studies suggest that drinking red wine or other alcoholic beverages carries a greater cancer risk than tanning.
Tanning salon sunbeds have been categorised as "Group 1" - other things included in this category include red wine, salted fish and regular sunlight as well as mustard gas and arsenic. To say that a glass of red wine is as deadly as mustard gas is ridiculous, as is the comparison of sunbeds to such toxins.
Sunbed use in itself has a number of health benefits. It is overexposure to UV light that causes health risks."

Get my drift?

Thank you, YouTube Russell Howard daily mail cancer spoof it shows just how over the top we all are now xpxo

A new tanning place has opened in my town. Off I trot as I'm away on holiday soon. First session I have to fill in a client record card with name and address, etc - this is good I thinks as I head off for my three minutes. Next time I go in and there's a different person on the desk who doesn't ask if I've filled a card in or anything. I do three minutes again.

Anyways I've been back a few times now and it's always a different person on the desk. They don't ask about my record card so have no idea how often I've been visiting or for how long. Already I've upped my time to 9 minutes. I'm trying to be sensible but it would be so easy to be in there everyday doing 15 minutes. I worry about the young girls who are after the 'towie' look.

Do these tanning places not have regulations that they are meant to follow?

A new tanning place has opened in my town. Off I trot as I'm away on holiday soon. First session I have to fill in a client record card with name and address, etc - this is good I thinks as I head off for my three minutes. Next time I go in and there's a different person on the desk who doesn't ask if I've filled a card in or anything. I do three minutes again.

Anyways I've been back a few times now and it's always a different person on the desk. They don't ask about my record card so have no idea how often I've been visiting or for how long. Already I've upped my time to 9 minutes. I'm trying to be sensible but it would be so easy to be in there everyday doing 15 minutes. I worry about the young girls who are after the 'towie' look.

Do these tanning places not have regulations that they are meant to follow?

Non of the places I used had cards, I could have gone on for 2 hours first time if I wanted. But most places do have rules of their own. It's the in managed ones I wonder about xoxo

Latest posts

Back