Taking payments mobile

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sharon,

I'm paying £25 per month and about 1.5% of my sale if I run a credit card, or 20p if I run a debit card.

You can get slightly lower monthly rental and % rates but they come with a requirement to run enough sales to cover their monthly minimum. This is usually £20. So say your % with them is 1.4% but you only run £500 of credit cards that month, you have to pay them another £15 that month.

I felt that this requirement was too much pressure. Although it 'only' translates to around £1500 of sales per month, what happens if a lot of customers happen to use cash that month? Or debit card where the charge is only 20p rather than a credit card?

I didn't want to feel pressured into WANTING my customers to use credit card (just so I could give a chunk of it away to my merchant)!

Best think I did was get my credit card terminal through 123-Send and the Federation of Small Businesses.

Mat

What makes them so good?

And I will shortly be accepting American Express cards too due to client requests.

Mat

I pay a monthly rental of around £25 for my terminal to 123 Send (GPRS so I can use it anywhere in the country), and then I don't have any monthly fees with Streamline through my FSB membership.

The terminal is great, Streamline great service and my customers love the convenience of paying by card and they money goes into my account three days later.

Mat

Sounds like the same deal as me. My merchants just resell Streamline services too.

P.S. Love the photo and slogan on your website, very clever (and made me laugh) :)

Latest posts

Back