Vinylux manicure price?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just getting straight in here and answering so not sure if someone else has. Vinylux lasts brilliant on healthy nails that have been PEPPED.... P - perform manicure removing non-living tissue with CuticleAway, shaping the free edge with your Kanga and E & P using ScrubFresh to Eliminate contaminants and Purify nail plate or squeak clean the nail plate.

Then apply your Vinylux colour and Vinylux Top and retail colours, top and SolarOil.

For those charging £10 for a manicure... I really think you need to rethink pricing especially in lee of the time it takes you... You are worth so much more... REALLY!

Thank you!

Just getting straight in here and answering so not sure if someone else has. Vinylux lasts brilliant on healthy nails that have been PEPPED.... P - perform manicure removing non-living tissue with CuticleAway, shaping the free edge with your Kanga and E & P using ScrubFresh to Eliminate contaminants and Purify nail plate or squeak clean the nail plate.

Then apply your Vinylux colour and Vinylux Top and retail colours, top and SolarOil.

For those charging £10 for a manicure... I really think you need to rethink pricing especially in lee of the time it takes you... You are worth so much more... REALLY!

What would you charge for this service with the above done?

I charge £20 for manicures, would that include Vinylux?

Im wondering the same thing.. I charged £10 for cuticle work, file & paint with Vinylux. I thought that was a fair price taking into account the cost of the products used for each application, & the quick service time.

The service time is paramount because ultimately it's what most Pros 'forget' to charge for.

If it were me and this is JMHO, I wouldn't be charging less than £20 for ANY service but obviously add-ons like art or additives I would be charging for as a whole or by the finger/toe.

When you look at each service I bet most of them are almost an hour. Those fast services that take 30 mins I guess you can play with costs but if most are an hour... There is no way I'd be charging less than £20 but I would have a strict and consistent way of performing those treatments and IF the customer asked for a signature nail etc then I would have prices that reflect that...

Vinylux Mani with 2 Signature Ring Nails (Rock star / Additives) £24 or
plus (Dashing Diva Signature Nails) (25) or
plus Minx £27.

See how you price accordingly and you can explain these easily to make sense to the customer.

These are just small examples... You can have so much fun with your Service Menus and really 'think outside the box' to elevate yourselves and your services.

The service time is paramount because ultimately it's what most Pros 'forget' to charge for.

If it were me and this is JMHO, I wouldn't be charging less than £20 for ANY service but obviously add-ons like art or additives I would be charging for as a whole or by the finger/toe.

When you look at each service I bet most of them are almost an hour. Those fast services that take 30 mins I guess you can play with costs but if most are an hour... There is no way I'd be charging less than £20 but I would have a strict and consistent way of performing those treatments and IF the customer asked for a signature nail etc then I would have prices that reflect that...

Vinylux Mani with 2 Signature Ring Nails (Rock star / Additives) £24 or
plus (Dashing Diva Signature Nails) (25) or
plus Minx £27.

See how you price accordingly and you can explain these easily to make sense to the customer.

These are just small examples... You can have so much fun with your Service Menus and really 'think outside the box' to elevate yourselves and your services.

Thank you Mrs Geek for taking the time to reply.

Thank you Mrs Geek for taking the time to reply.

Thank you for your reply!

My shellac price is £25, so would Vinylux be ok to charge £20?
Customers way of thinking would be shellac lasts 2 weeks, Vinylux lasts one week.

When doing pedicures with shellac I soak feet afterwards, if doing with polish I do it normal way, how much extra on top of a pedi would I charge for Vinylux?

Are people still soaking hands when they do manicures?

My manicure price is £20, so if I added Vinylux to it how much extra would I charge?

My shellac manicure is £25 would I charge same for Vinylux?
Hope you don't mind me asking why you charge the same for Vinylux as you do Shellac? The process itself takes much less time without the curing and the product itself is not even nearly what Shellac costs. Also Vinylux does not promise to last as long as Shellac.

I'm not criticising you but as I am looking into going down the Vinylux route, I would find your answer helpful. Thanks x

Thank you for your reply!
you're welcome!

My shellac price is £25, so would Vinylux be ok to charge £20?
yes totally... Seeing the difference between the two I would be more £30 for my Shellac as you can justify the differences... Anyway that's me... What you have is fine... But see once you get the 20 price on V ... Shellac looks too low at £25 IYKWIM...

Customers way of thinking would be shellac lasts 2 weeks, Vinylux lasts one week.
that's their way of thinking providing they look after them in the right manner... V is there to take off whenever they want really but it JUSTIFIES the £20 price tag because it goes the distance in longevity... One customer at OB said her customers were going 9 days and she didn't want to retail the polishes.... :rolleyes:

When doing pedicures with shellac I soak feet afterwards, if doing with polish I do it normal way, how much extra on top of a pedi would I charge for Vinylux?
hmmmmm well really with Vinylux we're going back to a normal pedi with polish but with a difference in the fact that Vinylux lasts longer BUT, we all know that most polish lasts longer anyway on feet because we don't do anything with our feet compared to our every day hand work. I would maybe do a cool deal including some fun big toe art included in a slightly higher price. I have always charged up to £30 for pedi (and expected to pay that too) but the area you are in that can help dictate prices and then ELEVATE yourself.

Just promise you won't do what so many do and look around, see what others are charging and copy or go lower in hopes you attract more to come to you instead.

Be smart and charge for your time, the education and investment you have made in your career and for the products you choose to use and the job you do.

The EXPERIENCE of having great services sends people back without batting an eyelid and there are too many out there doing a mediocre job and getting away with charging ridiculous prices. To get on and be successful we need to do the best job we possibly can. Plus, we are in a SERVICE industry... It is our JOB to give that premium / superior service. Don't be competitive, be creative!!

Are people still soaking hands when they do manicures?
some do for sure but maybe for more of a premium / luxury treatment...

My manicure price is £20, so if I added Vinylux to it how much extra would I charge?
read the above and see if you can reach this answer yourself as you may decide to change a few things... :D

I charge £25 for manis this includes varnish whether it be opi vinylux or any other brand. More if adding art etc hth x

Hope you don't mind me asking why you charge the same for Vinylux as you do Shellac? The process itself takes much less time without the curing and the product itself is not even nearly what Shellac costs. Also Vinylux does not promise to last as long as Shellac.

I'm not criticising you but as I am looking into going down the Vinylux route, I would find your answer helpful. Thanks x

Im not charging yet as I've just introduced it in my salon so wanted to know what everyone charges.

No that's fine, that's what this forums about getting information!

you're welcome!

yes totally... Seeing the difference between the two I would be more £30 for my Shellac as you can justify the differences... Anyway that's me... What you have is fine... But see once you get the 20 price on V ... Shellac looks too low at £25 IYKWIM...

that's their way of thinking providing they look after them in the right manner... V is there to take off whenever they want really but it JUSTIFIES the £20 price tag because it goes the distance in longevity... One customer at OB said her customers were going 9 days and she didn't want to retail the polishes.... :rolleyes:

hmmmmm well really with Vinylux we're going back to a normal pedi with polish but with a difference in the fact that Vinylux lasts longer BUT, we all know that most polish lasts longer anyway on feet because we don't do anything with our feet compared to our every day hand work. I would maybe do a cool deal including some fun big toe art included in a slightly higher price. I have always charged up to £30 for pedi (and expected to pay that too) but the area you are in that can help dictate prices and then ELEVATE yourself.

Just promise you won't do what so many do and look around, see what others are charging and copy or go lower in hopes you attract more to come to you instead.

Be smart and charge for your time, the education and investment you have made in your career and for the products you choose to use and the job you do.

The EXPERIENCE of having great services sends people back without batting an eyelid and there are too many out there doing a mediocre job and getting away with charging ridiculous prices. To get on and be successful we need to do the best job we possibly can. Plus, we are in a SERVICE industry... It is our JOB to give that premium / superior service. Don't be competitive, be creative!!

some do for sure but maybe for more of a premium / luxury treatment...

read the above and see if you can reach this answer yourself as you may decide to change a few things... :D

Thank you so much Mrs Geek!

Really appreciate you taking the time to answer each one if my questions!
This is why I love CND!

Latest posts

Back