What do you use to wipe polish off skin?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CazCardiff

Reaction score
Title says it all really. What do you use to wipe nail polish off skin around the nail? Ive tried cotton buds, ok, but not amazing. Cotton wool twisted around an orange stick, Horrid! Those remover pen things, which are quite bulky and just get into the nooks.

I know its my technique, but while im still practising, im not perfect and cant leave people with unprofessional looking nails! Especially after using Konad which is VERY hard to not get onto the skin wiht full nail designs.

At the moment Im using an acrylic brush dipped in polish remover but there must be a better way.

Caroline
x

When needed I've used an orange wood stick with cotton wool wrapped around it and always found that the best way to get rid of the nail poilsh!!

Though as you say it is all about getting your technique right and making sure you leave a small gap aound the edges

Sorry I can't be more help good luck xx

Well after a fabulous tip from one of the very experienced Geeks I did some training with the other day, I will now be using a small gel brush and some nailfresh. Works an absolute treat :)

Hi
I undrstand what you mean with Konad, perhaps someone on the konad groups may be able to help, i was going to put some vaseline aorund as a barrier when using konad and see if that helps. HTH

These aren't my actual brushes but they are representative of the brushes I use. I will use either acetone or Nail Fresh. I condition them with Solar Oil after each use.

P6.jpg

I was taught by CND to use your own nail where possible - and that is fab for the end/sides of the finger - so easy and I no longer stress. For around the cuticle area I have found a plain orange stick (not wrapped in cotton wool - just the wood) works great.

xx

I was taught by CND to use your own nail where possible

Just curious for those of you taught to use your own nail to get polish off the skin.... have you encountered clients who asked you not to do that? I'm not being contrary...just curious. :D

I had an instructor who told us it looked unprofessional, but we did it anyway; however, after encountering several clients who told me they preferred I not do that, I switched to an orangewood stick and then finally to a brush.

I was taught by CND to use your own nail where possible - and that is fab for the end/sides of the finger - so easy and I no longer stress. For around the cuticle area I have found a plain orange stick (not wrapped in cotton wool - just the wood) works great.

xx

Not so easy when you work with gloves on.:biggrin:

Just curious for those of you taught to use your own nail to get polish off the skin.... have you encountered clients who asked you not to do that? I'm not being contrary...just curious. :D

I had an instructor who told us it looked unprofessional, but we did it anyway; however, after encountering several clients who told me they preferred I not do that, I switched to an orangewood stick and then finally to a brush.

I was trained to never do this either (although, it works!!) x

After using this for Shellac, I also use a dry orangewood stick when I do regular polish. For me, personally, it works better than anything else I've used. HTH! :)

Small brush is the easiest for most people as you can put enough remover on it to give a lovely straight line and the remover just evaporates off! :wink2:

I use a small brush, but I do have a habit of using my nail and not even realising. It was only when it was pointed out to me I was doing it. The client giggled and said 'hey that's a good trick' and I didn't know what she was on about LOL

No idea where I picked it up from though!

I have always used an orange stick wrapped in cotton wool and have no problems.xx

My pet hate...how unprofessional to use your own fingernail, cant believe a reputable company would recommend this technique!

Gee just realised I also use my own nail sometimes..........never had any complaints though.......will have to watch myself xxx

I use a gel brush dipped in D.sperse. Works fine x

Well after a fabulous tip from one of the very experienced Geeks I did some training with the other day, I will now be using a small gel brush and some nailfresh. Works an absolute treat :)

Would that also work with Shellac?

Latest posts

Back