What is this Shellac colour my client is requesting?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ok, I have just looked on eBay and apparently there are new colours of bluesky crap and one of them is a bright orange with glitter.

Maybe take a look and see if it's the same colour and then inform your client of what she actually has on get nails. It might not be but if the tech said it's shellac then most likely it's blusky x

Was reading this and got me intrigued so started searching other polishes that claims to be 'shellac' as well and their colours found one which I have linked a photo which is done by ibn and it's a very glittery orange colour not sure if it's the same one but thought I would post just in case :)

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1342789913.321325.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1342789913.321325.jpg
    47 KB
[QUOTE=Nails

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1342791845.780449.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1342791845.780449.jpg
    79.9 KB
How strange...

I've also had a client with some orangey glittered nails who claimed they were Shellac!! I did debate about it being Shellac upon seeing the colour but didn't know if it was the glitter that had changed the colour from being Tropix as I recognised it to the colour that was on her nails.

Needless to say, I too couldn't get the damn stuff off and had to buff it for ages (it was over acrylic).

Very odd that so many people have seen this particular orange colour but don't know what it is - I'd say it looked the most like the pic that 'Lisasnails' has posted in the top left!!

Thank you all so much . . . I think I'll send her a couple of attachments and see if she recognises it . . . . although thinking about it, she did say it was loose glitter that was shaken over it. We'll see, and I really appreciate all your help :hug:

I just have a strong feeling she's going to take my acrylics in to this woman to "try" this wonderful colour and before you know it she'll be having the acrylics done there as well . . . . I know clients don't last forever and I think I've been lucky to keep her despite her moving away so maybe she's pleased to have an excuse to go somewhere nearer home?

I shall fight to keep her though lol :twisted:

Yip I think it's the bluesky shellac. Sounds like the description my client said...shellac bottle different label. Just a glittery topcoat added. I hate this stuff!!

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1342822254.546716.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1342822254.546716.jpg
    41.4 KB
OK thanks for hanging on in there,you must read this.

She has rung me this morning and left a message. She asked at the salon what it was and was told it was definitely a Shellac colour and it is called . . . . .

STRAWBERRY MOUSSE :eek:

She then buys glittery shaped things from the craft shop and whacks them on top before sealing it in with a top coat.

Clearly my client is doing her best to enable me to get the colour for her, which is really sweet, esp as this lady in the salon is down the road from her, 10 miles from me. I have never heard of Strawberry Mousse though, and it has occurred to me that she is being given false info deliberately to avoid the effect being copied . . . . they know she has her nails done elsewhere, obviously, and would like her custom.

Also, something called strawberry anything is going to be pink, not orange/bronze - isn't it? :rolleyes:

Edit to add: I see LeChat do a colour called Strawberry Mousse but its bright bloo.y pink ??!

If it is only 10 miles away why not go in & ask to see it, say you have seen the colour on someone else & love the colour.
When you see what it is you will know, also how to possibly layer Shellac colours to create a similar look in real Shellac.

It isn't going to take them long to show you a bottle...

I think it is important to know what people are using in different salons around you so when another client comes to you from there you will know how long to book out to remove or deal with them.

I'm not saying to go around slagging off different salons but it good for us to be aware.

Let us know of your findings.:hug:

Yip I think it's the bluesky shellac. Sounds like the description my client said...shellac bottle different label. Just a glittery topcoat added. I hate this stuff!!

Does this BLUESKY Shellac have to be buffed off or it soakable?
I feel like I need to keep a picture of the different fake bottles to see if the client recognises it before I start wasting my time trying to soak it off.

I feel like I need to keep a picture of the different fake bottles to see if the client recognises it before I start wasting my time trying to soak it off.

On some threads over the past few months there have been some people who have actually used it and can't get it off as it's stuck fast. So they ask on here for advice.

Maybe file it down a little then soak it off. X

It can be soaked off HOWEVER it takes a good 15 mins to soften round the edges. And I've had to buff it before due to time factor. It's quite tough as well. A lot lot more so than shellac. So again it's annoying as I would say its on the same level as a gel or acrylic overlay almost. It's def not as flexible as shellac.

But no wonder clients are getting confused!

Latest posts

Back