Clients kids

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ok, I have reworded my notice......
POLITE NOTICE
HEALTH & SAFETY IN THE WORKPLACE & CHILDREN
Nails at Home Policy
Due to Health & Safety in the workplace, I would like to point out that children are not permitted in attendance during services at this place.
Nor are childcare services offered.
Could you please book appointments at times when your child has alternative care facilities.
Thank you for your co-operation in this matter.

Way to go hun!!

You'll be far less stressed in future

:hug:

It's basically a rip off from your wording Victoria !!:lol: But it does hit the nail on the head.

I have sent a 'group' text to this client explaining I have implemented this policy and quoted it word for word......not heard a peep from her....it only actually went to her tho!

You do what my sister does - when her sis-in-law visited with her kids who jumped on her leather sofa with their shoes on and the mother did nothing, she said 'sweetheart, you'd better hop down off there because it's going to cost your mum an awful lot of money to get it fixed if it breaks.' Her sis-in-law got those kids off that sofa in 2 secs.
This is FANTASTIC! :green:

I used have have a similar client with two young ill behaved boys. I worked in a salon so didn't have anything to offer them. They would both take turns sitting and squirming on her lap. I dreaded her appointment. In the end she just got crappy smile lines as it was impossible while she was being jerked about. She knew her boys were a pain...why she insisted on making her appoinments while they were off school I don't know. I do love the way Bev and V worded their notes.

:mad:Last week a client brought her 5yr old child with her for her rebalance appointment.
This pee'd me off tbh, as the kid is not well behaved, but is an angel in his mothers eyes - kwim:mad:

She brought him along with a computer game. He had no interest in it.
He wined at his mum he wanted to watch tv - I work from home. I ignored it and he kept on and on dragging at her arm. So she asked me if he could go into my lounge & watch tv - i had to stop my prep & go and put the tv on & find the programme he prefers:mad:
We sat down & he came in demanding he wanted a drink and winging away like a total brat. I expected his mum to produce a drink from her bag, but no - can you get a drink for him please:mad: I went into my kitchen followed by the kid, he demamnded to know what I had in my fridge! I said stuff and he told me to open the door so he could look! I did not. He then was given some blackcurrant juice (from my own kids stock:mad:)
We then carried on with the treatment & he came in saying he was hungry!!!!
I felt like telling him to shut up and leave us in peace so I could get on!
The mother then asks if I can give him some crisps or something!!!! When i gave him a packet, he said I don't like those, what else have you got:mad::mad::mad:.
Then he comes into the salon and tries to hang of his mum's arm & she tells him to stop, then he starts rubbing his hands in her hair, and will not do as he's told when asked to stop.

When she puts his shoes on (he took them off on this visit) he starts kicking her! Told to stop, he started punching her!:mad:

I could of kicked him from ass hole to breakfast time as my hubby would say!

All in all, this is the 4th time she had brought him, and it's always the same - one time, she even brought him with his friend - and they both started jumping around on my leather sofa's with their shoes on!!!!!!!!!
Only once has she ever brought him with a drink & food. He's 5 for gods sake - kids always need stuff at that age. I've 2 kids, so I should know. I never took them anywhere without adequate supplies of everything to get through the day.

The final act was, as she paid, she left me no tip or made any offer to reimburse me for supplying her son with various things like biccys, crisps, drinks, sausage rolls etc. And did not even have the decency to say thank you for giving him them!
LOL Bev! :eek: you poor thing. I havent had time to read everyones posts before i reply..but you know obviously the mother is an idiot..what kind of mother would subject thier child to a 2 hour boredom session.. its not fair on you or him (although he does sound like a pain in the ass, lol) without food or drink?? and brings their friend along?
Seriously i know its easier said than done but some peeps need to be told (nicely):lol:
Personally i would want to lose her as a client anyways, so no loss and tell her prior over the phone that you are awfully sorry blah blah and BLAH but you cant perform your best work while her child is there.. and you dont normally allow children under the age of say 18:lol: for that reason. You love her son but unfortunately can not do her nails while she brings him along.
Nothing lost Bev, win win either way!

It's basically a rip off from your wording Victoria !!:lol: But it does hit the nail on the head.

I have sent a 'group' text to this client explaining I have implemented this policy and quoted it word for word......not heard a peep from her....it only actually went to her tho!

LOL:lol:

Yes, I did realize that hun:hug:

but I wasn't going to point it out :wink2:

However you word it, short and concise and to the point usually has more effect than long rambles (I ought to try harder to remember that myself haha).

VERY glad that you sent it!! You'll be happier in the long run for it, without the frustrations. I know that I was! I remember some of the monsters I had. Once had a 12yr old that was downright worse than most 5yr olds. When I told client that children were no longer welcome, I saw the back of her. What a RELIEF!

:hug:

Latest posts

Back