eBay trouble, can anyone advise?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've given up with eBay. Sold a load of my beauty salon stuff through them following the closure. The thing is, even when you mark stuff as used and sell it for buttons, people expect it shop perfect. Got sick of it in the end.

Couldn't agree more! As I've encountered various issues with buyers over time, I've gradually evolved my own comprehensive selling blurb under the item details and I c&p it to each listing. I have even got random mail from non buyers since, congratulating me on it and asking if they can use it on their own listings, because they're sick of 'Messers.' I rarely bother to list these days.

Once had someone mail, asking me to list any/every fault no matter how minor before they might consider bidding! Needless to say, I ignored their request. If you want new, then pay the going rate and buy new!!

Deena what does it say lol (dont worry if you dont want to say tho :) )

Welll today, following me asking her to open a dispute and return the boots (which is what ebay recommended), she has agreed to return them but has asked why open a dispute when I could just issue a refund thru paypal.

Does anyone know if theres any reason why simply issuing a refund rather than opening a dispute would be a bad idea please? I dont want to naff her off completely an get a neg. so if i can avoid that it would be good.

so bored with this now :irked:

I think that refunding through PayPal means that she will not have to send the boots back- so she could end up with a free pair of boots!

I would insist that she opens a dispute & uploads photos. Being on the other side (with an actual faulty item) I was keen to get it resolved through eBay.

She sounds like a chancer!

I think that refunding through PayPal means that she will not have to send the boots back- so she could end up with a free pair of boots!

I would insist that she opens a dispute & uploads photos. Being on the other side (with an actual faulty item) I was keen to get it resolved through eBay.

She sounds like a chancer!

Yes you're right, when you are on the receiving end of something which actually is faulty you want to go through all the right channels.

I had an idea - I had to return something to a seller on ebay very recently, as the item was not the same size as what the listing said, but the seller was very rude and unhelpful and i had to really chase for a refund. I wonder if there is a link here, friend or relative perhaps? oh well you live and learn. Darn ebay:evil:

Yes you're right, when you are on the receiving end of something which actually is faulty you want to go through all the right channels.

I had an idea - I had to return something to a seller on ebay very recently, as the item was not the same size as what the listing said, but the seller was very rude and unhelpful and i had to really chase for a refund. I wonder if there is a link here, friend or relative perhaps? oh well you live and learn. Darn ebay:evil:

I've often been worried about this. Buyers have no help at all now! You open case No refund until boots are back, she MUST pay post as ebay state this is down to the buyer, if she has ruined the boots I'd be in touch with eBay for a refund d off her! X

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

I'm so glad i gave ebay in ages ago! Its more hassle than its worth sometimes. All clothes i was going to sell i just weigh in now lol xx

Deena what does it say lol (dont worry if you dont want to say tho :) )

Welll today, following me asking her to open a dispute and return the boots (which is what ebay recommended), she has agreed to return them but has asked why open a dispute when I could just issue a refund thru paypal.

Does anyone know if theres any reason why simply issuing a refund rather than opening a dispute would be a bad idea please? I dont want to naff her off completely an get a neg. so if i can avoid that it would be good.

so bored with this now :irked:

Here is a snippet from it, I added this bit when I was going through a bad bout of non payers.

Please note, most ebayers are lovely! They bid because they actually want the item/s, they pay pronto and I send the item/s pronto. Simples!! However, for the few who just seem to enjoy clicking buttons/winning/not paying/not communicating/wanting to pay sometime in the distant future ie when they have the funds/when their budgie recovers from indigestion etc etc - please don't! Enough is enough! If you win and don't pay in a timely manner, you will be reported and the clicking stops there! I am not unreasonable and understand that sometimes life gets in the way, but it's getting a bit monotonous lately. Bid/win/pay/receive item/s. Thank you!

Deena that's great, thanks!

i might concoct something along those lines obv won't copy!

Just thought i'd report that the buyer has advised me that it is I who open the case by clicking "cancel transaction".

What do you make of that??

Deena that's great, thanks!

i might concoct something along those lines obv won't copy!

Just thought i'd report that the buyer has advised me that it is I who open the case by clicking "cancel transaction".

What do you make of that??

As far as I'm aware, this is the end of it, not opening a case as such. It means you both have to agree to cancel, but this is usually after the goods have been returned, you've already refunded and you want your ebay fees for the sale wiped out. Not absolutely sure, could be wrong, but I'd say it means you have refunded, but don't click it <you have to instigate it and then the other party has to agree> before you've had the goods returned, if you want them. x

Latest posts

Back