Feeling like I have wasted 2 years !

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thank you Blondie Bear. I had my last lot of cards and postcards from Vista..they were really nice, will have a go at my own and if they are no good will stick with Vista .

Before you go with Vistaprint, try Goodprint.co.uk. They have a facebook page and often do some great promotions. They have one on at the moment, 55% off with the code SCH274. Its running until the 24/9.

I found their designs to be much fresher that Vistaprint and the quality of the card stock is better too. Also if you want to get 'branded' Carl (Extensionize on here) is really good. He did my biz cards, car magnets, letterhead and comp slips. :green:

Thank you, I will check that out straight away :)

Can I just point out that I think it would be better for you if you just merged your two ventures together and offer it all under one name. Krystal mobile beauty OR sparkle pamper parties, why have them separate? I would get myself confused. Does that mean you would have to register two separate businesses?

My main point was going to be that anyways, your link to your pamper party website isn't correct, you have no dot after the www so it leads nowhere. Potential clients will just see that as sloppy and think you can't be bothered check that it actually works. Something as little as that can put people off, especially since it points out a mistake on the very first page they will be seeing.

You have made a good point, I just thought that one should be aimed more at kids than the other but maybe you are right !
I just checked and the link is working fine ?

Last edited:
Do a search on mobile therapists in your area and advertise on those sites.

I don't mean to steal their business just because you get a better list of websites thast are free to advertise on.

If you type free websites to advertise on into google you don't usually get that much.

Make a facebook group! invite everyone to it you can also send messages that go to everyone joined to the group, offer them a introductory offer and 10% off their next treatment if they refer a friend.

Also, on your website it mentions portable massage couch maybe use professional massage couch instead, someone said to me they have a portable massage couch it would put me off just the world portable..thats just my point of view though so other people may not agree.
my partner has a black epson printer/scanner about £40 he paid and you get ink cartridges for it cheap on ebay buy 2 reams of paper design some leaflets or ask carl from verve design (type in on google not sure what the site is) he doesn't charge hardly anything for design i don't think and print LOADS off and just go round putting through letter box and any other places that will allow you to put up maybe put a slip on the bottom that says 10% off with this leaflet or something

Thats odd, it said wwwSparklepamperpartiesliverpool.weebly.com when I copy and pasted it. :s Never mind, links are a pain, I frequently put in links then the next day realise there is something wrong with one of them.

Anyways, even if you still use your other website maybe you could transfer its info to the krystal one also, to fill it up a little.

If you mean the link on the Links page, then the pamper party link works fine for me too.

I think others have made some very good points on here. When creating my website I took a look at what other mobile therapists/nail technicians had wrote, to see how they had filled the page. It's always good to see how successful people have made themself just that.

I agree with the Facebook page to show off what you can do, you definitely need to add some pictures to your gallery, I personally always go there first to see what people can do.

No, it was the one on the homepage that has now been removed.

Oh right, that's why I didn't see it then lol

Oh I see what you mean about the pamper party link, yes I removed that as it seemed dis jointed being on the first page, I played about with it a little yesterday after taking on board people's views...still lots to do though ! I think you are right about keeping it under the one name so I will sort that out :)

Hi

Your website needs some attention, there is repetition in the information and in some instances a bit too much information. Also, the google ads at the top were distracting and personally I spent the time looking at that rather than what was on your website. You were advertising tans for your business but at the same time there was an ad at the top in the banner advertising other tanning companies, not a good idea.

The networking side is absolutely necessary also for you to start building up your business, you could also offer some free treatments as part of school raffles etc.

Its really cheap to have the ads removed, if you register for your own domain name with webs it works out at about £20-£25, and that lasts for 2 years untill you need to renew it. (At least thats how it was for me). It also removes the adds and the 'create a free website' stuff that you get on it. You might also get higher up in search engines with your own domain name, so it doesn't have the .webs in it.

But I really would make your text a little bit smaller, I'm looking at it on my laptop and it looks big, so I cant imagine how huge it would look on my other computer which has a different resolution.

I would also put your text into proper paragraghs rather than having the whole lot centered. The way the layout is at the moment means it takes quite a bit of time to get through even small bits of info.

I don't use the webs editor, i downgraded to html so I could play around a bit more with codes and stuff, but can you not still disable certain pages from showing up, in the site manager bit, until you have finished completeing them? I would do that to your pages that are blank.

P.s you have spray turn instead of spray tan on your treatments page

OH god.. spray turn !!! :eek: I will see to that now , thank you so much for that other info too, I will get onto it straight away !!!!!

Can I just point out that I think it would be better for you if you just merged your two ventures together and offer it all under one name. Krystal mobile beauty OR sparkle pamper parties, why have them separate? I would get myself confused. Does that mean you would have to register two separate businesses?

I have to put a spanner in the works here and disagree with that bit. I do children's pamper parties as well & used to just advertise them on my main salon website & got hardly any bookings.

However, a few months ago, I set up a different trading name with a separate website & do advertising in the magazines that go to the schools & bookings have increased tremendously.

Accounts wise, I'm still my name trading as each of the business names & use the one bank account. My accountant has informed me you can have several businesses as a sole trader, as long as combined turnover is under the VAT threshold.

I don't find it confusing but having the two aspects of business separate has certainly been better for me. On each website, I advertise the other one

Can I ask, what are the magazines that go to the schools ? Does it cost a lot to advertise in such publications ?
I have made quite a few adjustments to my site now including the font size, I agree it looks much better smaller and feel it is starting to look better, I may well get a professional one done eventually.
I am going to do some treatments on my sister and take pics so that I can add them to the pic section.
You are all Fab !!!!:)

Can I ask, what are the magazines that go to the schools ? Does it cost a lot to advertise in such publications ?
I have made quite a few adjustments to my site now including the font size, I agree it looks much better smaller and feel it is starting to look better, I may well get a professional one done eventually.
I am going to do some treatments on my sister and take pics so that I can add them to the pic section.
You are all Fab !!!!:)

The 2 in my area that I'm aware of are Raring2go & Primary Times. PT is a bit more expensive & I didn't get any response from my ad :irked:

Both mags do the different sized ads to suit your budget & with Raring2go, you get a better deal if you pay up front for the year. For me it's been very worthwhile doing (Raring2go ad, that is)

Also, with R2g, you get a link on their website, or some other kind of mention. Could be worthwhile trying to advertise on Netmums aswell.

The other advantage of keeping the 2 aspects of business separate is that you can target your adverts more effectively eg for the children's parties, you can get listed on all the directories specifically for children's parties etc...

Last edited:
What about a talk for a young mother's coffee morning group? If you make it fun with demo's etc it will encourage them to be interested, they'll get to know you personally & better still it won't cost you a penny!

I was actually thinking bout that yesterday, what treatments would you suggest I demo and would they be better being mini versions ?

Latest posts

Back