In an industry saturated with discount salons, what does the future hold

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Rinn has offered the best advice there is...dont worry what others are charging and have faith in your own skills and the products and services that you offer and people will come!!...there are clients that follow the cheap offers and clients that want more than that!!...There are plenty of clients to go around so offer to those that you want to come to you what they want. Give them that little bot more knowledge, better products and a little more of your time to feel that you are worth paying that bit more for.

Lets face it there are so many ladies clothes shops on the high street but each has something different to offer each of us...utilise that knowledge and move your business forward xx

I live in a town which is probably considered to have affluent occupants. The High Street is beautiful with character.
We have boutiques selling high end high street - £100 dresses etc. We also have New Look. They seem to co-exist happily. You know what you're getting when you go in. Same with salons/nail bars....

I live in a town which is probably considered to have affluent occupants. The High Street is beautiful with character.
We have boutiques selling high end high street - £100 dresses etc. We also have New Look. They seem to co-exist happily. You know what you're getting when you go in. Same with salons/nail bars....

These examples are based on the location of where you live.. that's great but if you live in a non affluent area charging £45 for a service where the average price is £15 where do you go from there! You would still have no customers. . It is only to do with the noughts at the end of the figures that change in these circumstances.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using SalonGeek mobile app

These examples are based on the location of where you live.. that's great but if you live in a non affluent area charging £45 for a service where the average price is £15 where do you go from there? /snip

Sent from my GT-N7100 using SalonGeek mobile app

A different area? ;)

By chance I have just come across a YouTube video titled ''how to do your shellac at home'' and it pained me to watch!
They were actually genuine CND products, but she advised to use an eBay lamp, to remove them by soaking in a bowl of acetone and scraping off after five minutes. Then buff the nails, use a ''cuticle cutter'' and spray your nails with alcohol. Then use an OPI primer?? Application was thick and messy, then wipe off tacky layer by spraying the entire hand again with alcohol and rubbing off? Then the finale, ''you don't have to do this, you could use lotion, but I'm going to use the solar oil''......
I can't!

Latest posts

Back