Shorter length tape hair?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
How long is your natural hair?

its just below my chin - im not keeping them at 18", just thought if im cutting a good chunk of the length away i best order some extra to bulk it out :) loks like it will be good for shorter hair with the "growing" effect on the skin weft xxx

Yes I had it when I had shorter hair and it was great as you can really fit in lots of hair to get lots of volume. As my own hair is so thin it was great. Cant get as much in with fusion bonded as I don't like the 1g bonds. When putting them in make the sections smaller like half an inch and sandwich them with your hair in middle. Really helps to heat up with flat iron a bit on it.

Yes I had it when I had shorter hair and it was great as you can really fit in lots of hair to get lots of volume. As my own hair is so thin it was great. Cant get as much in with fusion bonded as I don't like the 1g bonds. When putting them in make the sections smaller like half an inch and sandwich them with your hair in middle. Really helps to heat up with flat iron a bit on it.

thanks for the tips honey ur a star! i dont like 1g bonds in my hair either, too difficult to hide and blend imo!! im excited now! il try and get pics of before and after when its done thanks so much for the help :D xxx

Are you serious? Sorry to make light of your question but it made me chuckle a bit to even suggest such a thing as to cut the hair and attach it to the tape!!!

There is two types of taped hair methods you can use, you can buy a weft and attach the tape to it but it will be more visible. Otherwise the best method is to get pu skin weft extension but not many sell these. These are specially made so it looks as if the hair is grown out of the tape and looks very natural. I really like these it really does look like it is growing out of the head.

And to answer the other question I have dyed the skin wefts plenty of time and without problems. Did ombré ones the other week for a ballet too. Do you want it to go from caramel to blonde #60? Then I can say what way is the best. It is no different than dying other extensions as long as they are of decent quality. Still hasn't found a great supplier but additional lengths and Rapunzel are good.

Hair Development sell PU skin wefts, not tried their blondes tho, but HD hair is usually ok for the price...

Yeah i was very serious.

I meant cut the weft to the size needed, put the weft on the tape with the end hanging over the edge of the tape then cut the end off, hope that makes more sense.

Oh no i hope you didn't think i meant each hair one by one.

I'm gonna be training in them soon hopefully just looking in to suppliers etc before i do so i can work out costs pros and cons etc.

I do lots of micro ring sewn in (don't like weave on European hair, not happy with hair being braided for so long with extra weight added) so just checking costs of tape method to sewn in x

I think its possible to make your own, as you said by cutting off weft tops and using supertape, but you need a layer of LG glue in between just to make a secure seal.
If you look at the link below there s a great tutorial:
Hair Extensions 101 • View topic - Make-Shift Seamless Wefts

Hope this helps :) x

Hair Development sell PU skin wefts, not tried their blondes tho, but HD hair is usually ok for the price...

thanks hon! got the AL ones delivered today, so far so good, coloured up ok........ might try the HD next!!!
xxx

update - i ombre'd the hair, graduating from light brown to light blonde so quite subtle, and the hair dyed well. had them fitted today and they feel great, really impressed with AL so far. will see how they wear but defo glad i ordered 3 packs as 2 would never have been enough for me! x

Latest posts

Back