What does everyone think about taped wefts

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I love tape extensions. Seriously I don't know why you would buy them ready made. Its cheaper to buy a weft of your choice, then stick the tape on. The tape itself is designed for wigs and can be worn causing no damage to your hair. You can also then customise the size of the wefts to suit your client.
I had a beauty works celeb choice weft in for 10 weeks! It was way too long and needed reapplying after about 6 but I was road testing the tape lol. Even after 10 weeks the tape didn't want to budge. It can get a bit messy though but have a practice and its a very cheap, quick and effective method for short term use. I call mine express extensions.

What a fab idea, are all the tapes similar or do you have preference? I have used Great Lengths Fastrack and think they are great but have only used them to add volume and a little length. Hoping to try Studio 58's soon too! Xx

What a fab idea, are all the tapes similar or do you have preference? I have used Great Lengths Fastrack and think they are great but have only used them to add volume and a little length. Hoping to try Studio 58's soon too! Xx

I'm using studios today hairs beautiful ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1385025613.570425.jpg

This is 5 bundles of 10;) lush soft silky hair.
I'd love to make my own from a weft also bt u don't quote get it do you stick tape straight to hair? Cause as you can see on photo studios has a shiny bit at the top the tape sticks to x

I'm using studios today hairs beautiful View attachment 48501

I'd love to make my own from a weft also bt u don't quote get it do you stick tape straight to hair? Cause as you can see on photo studios has a shiny bit at the top the tape sticks to x

The hair looks lovely, do a pic when you have done! :) Xx

The hair looks lovely, do a pic when you have done! :) Xx

Haha I will do if it goes well. My first tape model been qualified for awhile in tape just have got round to doing models for it. I'm hoping I can do it in good time aswell x

I'm using studios today hairs beautiful View attachment 48501

The studio 58 and rapture tape hair are skin weft, so he top is a PU plasticky layer that the hair has been pulled through to resemble hair growing from the scalp hence why these are so undetectable. Taping a regular weft can be quite bulky as you still have the sewn section attached and can be messy when removing them. Xxx

Certainly are messy when removing, but I found a nice easy remover to use. The skin wefts look great, nice and sleek. It's good to see its becoming popular. I personally prefer this method for my own hair as its less hassle than the individuals

i make my own tape in ext i buy wefts and roll of tape and its alot cheaper

Sent from my SM-N9005 using SalonGeek mobile app

Are they not bulky at the top if u make yr own? As the wefts are not flat at the top? X

They are like 1mm thick and sit flat on the head that's if we are all talking about the same method

I love the tape ins, they're so easy to put in and take out and are way more easier to maintain then single strand extensions. I use the micro tapes which are a new method in Australia, they're about 1.2cm wide when they're applied. I also use the standard tapes that's are 4cms wide. If tapes are removed correctly and with care they shouldn't do much damage. All methods of extensions can cause stress patches when they're applied, so tapes are awesome I think.

I love the tape ins, they're so easy to put in and take out and are way more easier to maintain then single strand extensions. I use the micro tapes which are a new method in Australia, they're about 1.2cm wide when they're applied. I also use the standard tapes that's are 4cms wide. If tapes are removed correctly and with care they shouldn't do much damage. All methods of extensions can cause stress patches when they're applied, so tapes are awesome I think.

Can you pm me where you get your hair from how much it is and how much u charge? I'm also in aus but in perth xx

Tapes are my preferred method for extensions, and the only type I've had in my hair.

It involves two thin wefts of hair, on a soft flexible plastic that has an adhesive tape on it. A thin section of hair is sandwiched between two tapes and so there is no heated glue penetrating the hair, and no rings to cause any abrasions on June hair or scalp. Because they are flexible, they are easy to conceal when putting the hair up. I prefer the smaller tapes rather than the wider tapes. I get mine fro hair talk.

Because the extensions is attached to a wider section of hair, there is less matting, as the hair won't flip and roll around.

I had mine in for around 12 weeks before taking them out, I only had a problem with one piece during that time. I was a model for my boss during her training and there was too much hair between the tapes on one piece, but not too much that I lost the extensions, but my hair was slipping up through the tapes and matting above the tape. But that was an application problem, not a problem with the extensions.

I used my regular professional shampoo and conditioner, nod do the hair stayed in great shape. I could have gotten another 2 applications from it.

I've tried tape in's a couple of times but I'm having problems with getting the tape out.

Desirée;2036409 said:
I've tried tape in's a couple of times but I'm having problems with getting the tape out.

Remover chick they come out easy x

Ok stupid question (I don't do tapes) but would tape extensions be a good option for extending pre lightened hair? I'm growing out a god awful hair cut which is now jaw length and my hair is bleached due to the bright pink elumen I had during the summer and then couldn't remove so just bleached it out. It's in an ok condition and is not breaking but I'm just impatient and want my long hair back x

Remover chick they come out easy x

The first time i tried it, my supplier told me to use the same remover as for keratin bondings.
The silikone skinweft curled up and the glue on the tape got all sticky like chewing gum.

Then my supplier told me that I should use isopropyl alcohol to remove the tape. The tape got of just fine from the skinweft, but it was still the same sticky mess. This time I only did one piece on my self to try it out, so no harm done.

After that I swore of the tape, but after reading this I might give it one more try (on my self!) and hopefully get the right remover!!

Latest posts

Back