What is everyone's preferred make for colours?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i think it depends where you live and how good your local rep is, i started with wella for years but fancied a change as colours kept getting discontinued, thought about matrix but the local rep was rubbish, no back up at all (maybe if i had bluerinse local would be different) so went with affinage as local rep is superb, always on call if needed, and never looked back, but i do still use different brands when needed, i.e majimeche for blondes, bit of wella for browns, indola for bleach, its all about trial and error, just use what you like and what gives the results you want and feel happy using

So what affinage do you actually use? Lol

Also trained with wella but i hate it. Not very familiar with it at all. Im switching to affinage when i move to nottingham for uni as theres a wholesalers 20 mins up the road. I find it easier to understand, like the lower peroxide levels and the manuals and very good for explaining how the brand works. Also better value for money as I'm gona be on a tight budget until i get regular clients. Hopeful to get some training too :)

for matrix to find out about courses x

Sent from my GT-I9100 using SalonGeek

I'll message you number Tuesday morn unless I pop into the salon before hand x

So what affinage do you actually use? Lol

Lol Perry, you should see my stock room, all brands in there! Am using infinite range and loving it, still use matrix color sync as love the results, do you use the affinage satin? What do you think of it?

Lol Perry, you should see my stock room, all brands in there! Am using infinite range and loving it, still use matrix color sync as love the results, do you use the affinage satin? What do you think of it?

I use satin but I don't really notice much difference between quasi brands. I used to quasi a lot when darkening or staying on the same level but I find I get much better, more even results with Infiniti and 10 vol... Much shinier and richer tones x

I use satin but I don't really notice much difference between quasi brands. I used to quasi a lot when darkening or staying on the same level but I find I get much better, more even results with Infiniti and 10 vol... Much shinier and richer tones x

Ah thats good to know :) so much more variation on the inifinit shades, i bought converter to try it out but not really convinced.

Ah thats good to know :) so much more variation on the inifinit shades, i bought converter to try it out but not really convinced.

The first bottle of converter I had worked really well...but now it seems to just ruin the colours...I'm Gunna stick with permanent and 10vol for now and see how I get on

The first bottle of converter I had worked really well...but now it seems to just ruin the colours...I'm Gunna stick with permanent and 10vol for now and see how I get on

I'm glad you've said that, I've also used converter but found it made the colours dull and wishy washy, thought it was just me

I'm glad you've said that, I've also used converter but found it made the colours dull and wishy washy, thought it was just me

Asp kitoko are bringing out a protein additive next week to add to your colour...basically like adding Argan oil to your colour but this is specifically made for colour and not a styling product...they say it's meant to help intensify the tone in colours so might give it a go with the converter and see if it makes any difference. Can wait to try it in permanent and bleach too :D

I'll message you number Tuesday morn unless I pop into the salon before hand x

ok thankyou x

and loving the discussions in here a lot to look in to decide but its great to read all the views x

i have been looking at matrix colours on line there range looks amazing i defo need to get on a course to get familar with this range i can see why everbody is rating it.. schwarts looks good to though x

I was using a bit of this that and the other, not finding anything I really liked that much.......until! I found salon geek and mooched around for a few months. Basically stalking blue rinse :/ and have since started using matrix. I love it so far but still a little timid with it. I read so much stuff on here I just had to get involved!

I was using a bit of this that and the other, not finding anything I really liked that much.......until! I found salon geek and mooched around for a few months. Basically stalking blue rinse :/ and have since started using matrix. I love it so far but still a little timid with it. I read so much stuff on here I just had to get involved!

Stalker!!! ;) you'll grow to love it!! X

Haha yeah I love it just got to be brave!

Just to be clear. When I say stalking I mean matrix stalking! Not actually like real life haha.

I just started reading and couldn't stop! :)

Haha yeah I love it just got to be brave!

Just to be clear. When I say stalking I mean matrix stalking! Not actually like real life haha.

I just started reading and couldn't stop! :)

You know where I am, feel free to ask x

perhaps i should start stalking them to lol x

Love matrix, tried everyone else literally lol but once I found matrix I never looked back it's so easy, I have got to say I thought I was a confident and competent colourist untill I went on the matrix colour correction course, now I understand colour 100% possibly one of the best courses I've ever been on. The happy hours are fab but they ate only free to matrix users so you might have to register with a rep first and they are held at the wholesalers as far as I'm aware I go to EWD, just did the blondes couple of weeks ago,
Now I need to stop trying to convince everyone to go blonde!!! Lol

By the way bluerinse where abouts are you based I think we may be neighbour's lol x

Love matrix, tried everyone else literally lol but once I found matrix I never looked back it's so easy, I have got to say I thought I was a confident and competent colourist untill I went on the matrix colour correction course, now I understand colour 100% possibly one of the best courses I've ever been on. The happy hours are fab but they ate only free to matrix users so you might have to register with a rep first and they are held at the wholesalers as far as I'm aware I go to EWD, just did the blondes couple of weeks ago,
Now I need to stop trying to convince everyone to go blonde!!! Lol

By the way bluerinse where abouts are you based I think we may be neighbour's lol x

I'm based in Dudley Hun x

Latest posts

Back