Keeping massage oil warm

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

christine.t

Beauty School NI
Reaction score
Hi geeks! Just a question to see what all of you do to keep your massage oil nice and warm. At the moment i put my little bottle of oil in some hot water to heat, but during a full body massage this does cool down alot during the treatment, what do all of you do to keep the bottled oil warm? Thanks

My friend used to keep her's in a small pot/jug thing over a burner. It's made esp to keep massage oil warm, though i dont know where she bought it from.

have you tried using a baby's bottle warmer?!

Ellisons do a lotion/oil warmer for £19.95

www.ellisons.co.uk 08451306126 code number BE01

I have also kept oils in my hot towel caddy before that works a treat!

Hope that helps

Love Emma x:hug:x

The one from Ellisons is just a baby warmer too.
I use a baby warmer, my friend gave it to me.

I do put my oil in a towel cabi but it means you have to keep opening and closing the door to retrieve it.

tip for you, put your oil in a small plastic bottle with a flip top lid. Pop that into baby warmer on low setting. Do check the temperature first, but when applying to a new area, open flip lid and apply oil directly from it to the area by moving up and down, its a lovely sensation and its a tip I got from Bharti Vyas (ayurvedic queen!).

At this time of year you will no doubt have your heating on, so you could do your cup with water, but place it on the radiator to keep constant temperature.
I also do with with any additional towels that will be added, it gives a touch of luxury and care.

I do the same - place the oil or balm in a cup in a baby bottle warmer & drizzle it onto the body. The heat also helps to release the fragrance of the oil into the treatment room.

I had a really lovely candle oil massage in Malta. Its a candle that when lit melts and turns into oil. You then pour straight onto the client or your hands. I tried looking for this on the net when I got back. They tend to be around £13 but thought it would be great as a new treatment. I am going to hold off till the show and see if anyone does them.

I put my oil in 'drizzler' bottles and place them in my hot towel cabinet. It keeps it at a lovely temperature

have you tried using a baby's bottle warmer?!
im a breastfeeding mum.. But that is a fantastic idea! Thanks girls!

Im not sure if you offer hot stones but if you do I use the heated plate we keep the stones warm on to heat the oil, we just put a small glass bottle (just enough for a full body massage) of oil onto the heater with the stones before the treatment xx

Latest posts

Back