Konad-all you need to know and your favourite pics!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The Monster Plates have a blue film on the top which will need removing 1st but the Konad Plates should be good to go. I just wiped the plates with scrub fresh b4 starting. If ur having problems picking up the design on the stamp just gently buff over the stamp with a buffer or used file. I had 2 do this and it wrks great now! So addictive 2 :)

This was some I did this morning :)

Thank you. Your nails are lovely. Have been playing about all morn/afternoon just trying them out. I have to say tho my nails are quite short so will have to grow them a bit. I am going to have to buy some more polishes so there's more to match but so far very impressed. Im not gonna post any pics just yet, they ain't half as good as all of you geeks lol so will have to practice more:) x

Just had a play and I still can't do it!! :sad: getting so frustrated now. Will give it a few more goes otherwise I might have to stick to the tiny designs and forget the full nail ones, I just can't do them!! It's transferring them to the nail in a complete, unsmudged state that I'm struggling with, if I roll the design on too lightly, it doesn't all transfer and if I do it heavier, it smudges! I so want to get this!!

I've never actually done any stamping myself but could it be certain nail polishes? My question would be does this work with any type of polish. I remember my friend doing these on someone but her design would never come out dark enough. Like black would b faint grey. Or does it not matter on polish i mean is more expensive better brands better for it over cheaper polish xxx

I've never actually done any stamping myself but could it be certain nail polishes? My question would be does this work with any type of polish. I remember my friend doing these on someone but her design would never come out dark enough. Like black would b faint grey. Or does it not matter on polish i mean is more expensive better brands better for it over cheaper polish xxx

As far as I'm aware there is a special polish for stamping so it may not work with ordinary polishes but saying that it MAY work. It all depends on the type or make of the polish. You could always try any just to see if it Works or not:)x

Just had a play and I still can't do it!! :sad: getting so frustrated now. Will give it a few more goes otherwise I might have to stick to the tiny designs and forget the full nail ones, I just can't do them!! It's transferring them to the nail in a complete, unsmudged state that I'm struggling with, if I roll the design on too lightly, it doesn't all transfer and if I do it heavier, it smudges! I so want to get this!!

My first attempt was ok, if I was going out I would get away with it but to put it on here.....no lol.

I did a French mani with a black design stamped along the white. Tbh I actually surprised myself. I thought I would be taking it off and applying again.

My advice is to persevere with it. There are so many colours and designs to play with and once you get it, it's gonna be so much fun. Stick in there, it will come:)x

I did it!!!!! It was absolutely perfect but then smudged with the blimmin TC again, so I need to invest in some seche vite as I think the white polish just doesn't like Lumos but I did it and that's all I care about!! If no one looks too closely and from a far distance, they won't be able to see the smudging :lol: At last......

Attachments

• DSCF1064.jpg
    DSCF1064.jpg
    126.9 KB · Views: 370
Excellent! It looks great, what did you do differently to make it work for you?

Today I ordered the large plate that Princess Layla linked to on Amazon. I probably wont get it until the end of the week, but let the Konadding begin! :green:

Today I ordered the large plate that Princess Layla linked to on Amazon. I probably wont get it until the end of the week, but let the Konadding begin! :green:

Even though I've watched them before I sat this afternoon and watched countless konad tutorials, then went straight out to give it a go and it worked! Maybe I got the pressure and roll method right, no idea! Lol!
It's only ever been the full nail designs using the White polish that I've had a problem with, but hopefully I've now cracked it. Will find out when I try it again or if it was just a fluke! Xx

Mine came next day delivery! So you may get it Tuesday! X

Planky- I smudge with topcoat too:(
Need to find a good top coat! Xx

Mine came next day delivery! So you may get it Tuesday! X

Planky- I smudge with topcoat too:(
Need to find a good top coat! Xx

Picchi has recommended Seche Vite so going to give that a try. Have done mine on top of my week old Shellac, once I'm confident and more proficient at it, I'll possibly stamp straight onto sticky layer of Shellac colour then use the Shellac top coat but for now whilst practicing, this is the safest way!! :wink2: so will go out this week to Sally's and grab a bottle of seche Vite xx

May grab some myself! I gave up trying to stamp on sticky layer it would never work or me for some reason.?!! may give it another go! Xx

I did it!!!!! It was absolutely perfect but then smudged with the blimmin TC again, so I need to invest in some seche vite as I think the white polish just doesn't like Lumos but I did it and that's all I care about!! If no one looks too closely and from a far distance, they won't be able to see the smudging :lol: At last......
Yay. You did a gr8 job. I have spent most of the day looking at polishes and ones I could use for stamping. I've heard the more thicker the polish is then it would be ideal for stamping. I have old polishes so gonna try them, don't want to be spending a fortune on them. Also heard the black and white are the best Konad colours out the lot for stamping. Any that's 1 coat or pigmented are also ideal. The only problem is I don't know what this means in terms of nail polish lol

Well done again it looks fantastic:)x

While we are on the subjects of plates, has anyone found good plates that ave reverse designs on so both hands haven't got a stamp facing all the same way, iyswim?
Hello Claire :hug: The SdP and DRK plates have individual and full nail designs with their mirror images but they are not the only ones. It seems that the vast majority of the "indie" plates have reverse designs. When I say indie I mean the small plates makers who sell on personal websites and etsy.com.

These are what I did on mum last night.
It was a bit fiddly because apart from her little finger the stamp wasn't big enough and I needed to patch it.
Vicki xx
View attachment 13841View attachment 13842
These are perfect, I can not even see where you patched them!!!

Thank you :)

Look what I found!

nailXchange: Large Stamping Plate #B review

It's a close up of all the designs within a review of the plate!

Looks like the Konad designs from M57 are still small though.
Oh this is wonderful, thank you so much for sharing nicole!

The Monster Plates have a blue film on the top which will need removing 1st but the Konad Plates should be good to go. I just wiped the plates with scrub fresh b4 starting. If ur having problems picking up the design on the stamp just gently buff over the stamp with a buffer or used file. I had 2 do this and it wrks great now! So addictive 2 :)

This was some I did this morning :)
You have beautiful nails! I think the french tip design looks very sophisticated on the baby blue!

Planky good for you you got it!!!! I can tell that the stamping was perfect, it's a shame that the TC smudged it a little bit. But look what pretty nails you did!!!

Even though I've watched them before I sat this afternoon and watched countless konad tutorials, then went straight out to give it a go and it worked! Maybe I got the pressure and roll method right, no idea! Lol!
It's only ever been the full nail designs using the White polish that I've had a problem with, but hopefully I've now cracked it. Will find out when I try it again or if it was just a fluke! Xx
Once you "get" konad it's impossible to understand why you couldn't do it before hand. Your technique comes together and it's just simple all of a sudden :green:.

Picchi has recommended Seche Vite so going to give that a try. Have done mine on top of my week old Shellac, once I'm confident and more proficient at it, I'll possibly stamp straight onto sticky layer of Shellac colour then use the Shellac top coat but for now whilst practicing, this is the safest way!! :wink2: so will go out this week to Sally's and grab a bottle of seche Vite xx

Seche Vite is great and I love it but sometimes SV can make you crazy, if not applied properly it can shrink and or peel. I'm sure you already know this but let me just do the list of dos & don'ts:
- SV has to be applied on not totally dry base color.
- SV must cover all the color on the nail or you will see shrinkage.
- With SV you must cap the free edge or again you will see shrinkage.

Seche Vite is great and I love it but sometimes SV can make you crazy, if not applied properly it can shrink and or peel. I'm sure you already know this but let me just do the list of dos & don'ts:
- SV has to be applied on not totally dry base color.
- SV must cover all the color on the nail or you will see shrinkage.
- With SV you must cap the free edge or again you will see shrinkage.

Hmmm, maybe this won't be any good then as I do it over Shellac so the base is obviously always completely dry. Thank you for those tips! :hug:
How about the Konad TC or CND speedy? Have you tried either of these? There's nothing more disheartening than when you crack it only for it to smudge with the blimmin top coat!! :grr: :lol:

Hmmm, maybe this won't be any good then as I do it over Shellac so the base is obviously always completely dry. Thank you for those tips! :hug:
How about the Konad TC or CND speedy? Have you tried either of these? There's nothing more disheartening than when you crack it only for it to smudge with the blimmin top coat!! :grr: :lol:
It's the cnd speedy that causes my smudging I use the shiney also this works much better but as it has a pink tinge to it, it distorts the colour of shellac:/
I've had my speedy for a long time should it be quite runny, my shiney is thicker??!!

I'm so sorry Planky but I have never tried either of them. But maybe the other ladies have...

Ladies can we all list out favorite top coats we use with konad please?

It's the cnd speedy that causes my smudging I use the shiney also this works much better but as it has a pink tinge to it, it distorts the colour of shellac:/
I've had my speedy for a long time should it be quite runny, my shiney is thicker??!!

Just checked and it's shiney I have not speedy :rolleyes: shame about the pink tinge, maybe I'll give the shellac top coat a try and if no success I will perhaps look at getting the konad one or a cheap rimmel or something just for this purpose, although not sure I'd want to use Rimmel or such like on clients, doesn't look very professional?!
And my shiney is thick too, not sure about speedy xx

Just checked and it's shiney I have not speedy :rolleyes: shame about the pink tinge, maybe I'll give the shellac top coat a try and if no success I will perhaps look at getting the konad one or a cheap rimmel or something just for this purpose, although not sure I'd want to use Rimmel or such like on clients, doesn't look very professional?!
And my shiney is thick too, not sure about speedy xx

I've used shellac top coat a few times and it's never smudged
Vicki xx

I received Konad TC with my kit and it works a treat, no smudging whatsoever. Havent tried others but may do it tomorrow to see if they work:)x

I use opi topcoat- an also opi rapidry topcoat a s both work fine- no smudging- although I do float a bead of topcoat over as I daren't get too close With my brush on my trusted konad patterns :)

Latest posts

Back