Konad-all you need to know and your favourite pics!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Another of my konad designs on an acrylic nail x

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1334523458.974394.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1334523458.974394.jpg
    132.6 KB · Views: 1,170
Hello Claire :hug: The SdP and DRK plates have individual and full nail designs with their mirror images but they are not the only ones. It seems that the vast majority of the "indie" plates have reverse designs. When I say indie I mean the small plates makers who sell on personal websites and etsy.com.

Thanks for this hun, will have a look about and when I have some spare cash, see if I can get any.

Now just have to work on the placements of full images, French etc.

I'm ok on doing something on the corner of a nail, like a rose say, but I go to pot for any other placement on the nail. :o

If anyone's still wanting reverse image plates / larger images (for thumbs and longer nails) try here

eBay - The UK's Online Marketplace

I've searched high and low for cheeky plates and XL plates (as I know their stamp sizes are bigger than Konad and Monster Bundle plates) and didn't find this seller until yesterday, I was just about to pay a small fortune to ship some over from the US as there appears to be NONE in the UK at the moment.

I've bought plates A,B,C,D,E,F....

If anyone's still wanting reverse image plates / larger images (for thumbs and longer nails) try here

eBay - The UK's Online Marketplace

I've searched high and low for cheeky plates and XL plates (as I know their stamp sizes are bigger than Konad and Monster Bundle plates) and didn't find this seller until yesterday, I was just about to pay a small fortune to ship some over from the US as there appears to be NONE in the UK at the moment.

I've bought plates A,B,C,D,E,F....

Good find! I've just ordered plate B to give it a try. Thanks for sharing x

Do you girls have any favourite people who post youtube videos on Konad? There are so many to choose from, do you stick to the same posters or just watch whatever's there?

Trying to prepare myself! My plate was shipped this morning. :biggrin:

Hmmm, maybe this won't be any good then as I do it over Shellac so the base is obviously always completely dry. Thank you for those tips! :hug:
How about the Konad TC or CND speedy? Have you tried either of these? There's nothing more disheartening than when you crack it only for it to smudge with the blimmin top coat!! :grr: :lol:

Not sure if you have tried this but I use shellac colors to stamp with.
So, shellac base, then two coats shellac color coat then konad stamp with shellac color then shellac top coat.

It works brilliantly. I save all my thick and gloopy old shellac bottles as they have more pigment so they stamp better and then I am not wasting any!

HTH

So, shellac base, then two coats shellac color coat then konad stamp with shellac color then shellac top coat.

It works brilliantly. I save all my thick and gloopy old shellac bottles as they have more pigment so they stamp better and then I am not wasting any!

HTH

No I haven't tried this yet as I'd heard that only iced cappuccino worked. Which colours have you stamped with then? Maybe I'll give creme puff a try as it's White I have the smudging problem with mainly

How on earth do you roll the design when it's a complete cover if the nail, onto the nail when both the nail and stamp isn't flat?
I always struggle with bigger designs to get the full design to print. Not cos it won't come away but because I know it's not hitting all the nail surface in one roll stroke. Any tips?

HTH

I think this is an absolutely fabulous idea, intelligent and thrifty :biggrin:

I have heard of people doing the same with normal polishes and it working. Waiting (or taking the tops off for a bit) for normal polishes to get nice and gloopy and then using them for konad.

How on earth do you roll the design when it's a complete cover if the nail, onto the nail when both the nail and stamp isn't flat?
I always struggle with bigger designs to get the full design to print. Not cos it won't come away but because I know it's not hitting all the nail surface in one roll stroke. Any tips?

This is a hard one but I really do think it comes with practice. What I do is rotate both the stamper and the nail, I'm stamping, towards the stamper. (I hope that makes sense...) .
And also I press harder on the stamper, so it kind of forms to the shape of the nail. But don't press too hard or your design will be all smudged and ugly.

No I haven't tried this yet as I'd heard that only iced cappuccino worked. Which colours have you stamped with then? Maybe I'll give creme puff a try as it's White I have the smudging problem with mainly

I have used Black Pool, Cream Puff, Silver Chrome, Rubble.....so many.

I do find the color is better if the Shellac is a bit thicker (as in the bottle is nearly finished). The colors are never as strong as two coats but I still get some pretty awesome effects. Have tried to upload some pics from my phone to show you but I just can't seem to get it to happen. Will post some pics as soon as I'm near the laptop again!

My favorite combos so far are....

Silver Chrome (lace stamp Konad) over Dark Lava and Rubble stamped over City Scape (same lace stamp). Silver Chrome shows up really well.

Pictures to come....

I have used Black Pool, Cream Puff, Silver Chrome, Rubble.....so many.

I do find the color is better if the Shellac is a bit thicker (as in the bottle is nearly finished). The colors are never as strong as two coats but I still get some pretty awesome effects. Have tried to upload some pics from my phone to show you but I just can't seem to get it to happen. Will post some pics as soon as I'm near the laptop again!

My favorite combos so far are....

Silver Chrome (lace stamp Konad) over Dark Lava and Rubble stamped over City Scape (same lace stamp). Silver Chrome shows up really well.

Pictures to come....

I shall give creme puff a try then as I don't always want such a bright White effect anyway so this might be the answer! Thanks for your help!

And in regards to stamping with a full nail design, this was the problem I had too. I sat and watched about 7 tutorial videos on you tube then went and did it and succeeded. I think I kind of started the stamp at the sidewall, then applying pressure but still not too hard, I rolled the stamper to the other side then up in one movement if that makes sense? It's tricky!! I think the best way I can describe my technique is imagining the stamper is a weeble wobbling on my nail, but if you are too young to know what weebles were then that's not much help!!! Lol! :lol:

Yay I'm finally able to post pics!! Just done these very simple I think they are lovely!

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1334658600.831740.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1334658600.831740.jpg
    35.7 KB · Views: 339
Yay I'm finally able to post pics!! Just done these very simple I think they are lovely!
Miss Layla you have out done yourself!!! These are stunning and so perfect:Love::Love::Love:!!!

Miss Layla you have out done yourself!!! These are stunning and so perfect:Love::Love::Love:!!!

You always say such lovely things Picchi and even reading your comments to other geeks gives me such a confidence boost myself! You are a very lovely Geek indeed :hug: xx

Ooh very nice Princess!

My XL plate has come through today, but still waiting on my stamper. Talk about a tease!

Thanks again for the link to that one. I just hope I can 'get it' :)

You always say such lovely things Picchi and even reading your comments to other geeks gives me such a confidence boost myself! You are a very lovely Geek indeed :hug: xx
It's not that I say nice things but more that you wonderful ladies are posting amazing manis all together!!!
All these beautiful manicures are so inspiring, it's a joy to read this forum!

Omg picchi thank you so so much, it's all down to you and bry, the advice and help I've received from you has been fabulous you've turned me into a konad addict lol!!
No one steps out of my place without konad lol!!,
Thanx again xx:D

Latest posts

Back