Konad-all you need to know and your favourite pics!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I believe so, Picchi has stamped with it before. Just having a look now and the silver holo is sold out :sad: have just ordered my Barry M silver and Gold from Superdrug and not only free delivery but money off the polish too! :D

Picchi - Which of the Layla polishes would you really recommend for stamping? I think I'm going to get the black and the ocean blue, just wondered if these were good choices or if one of the others would be better? Do you have a colour that you feel stands out more?

Where do you buy the Layla polish from Planky? X

i did these on my friend last night, recently bought the BM set to add to my konad, quite sutle but very stunning to look at i was jealous they were her nails, although my camera seems to always dull down my nail pictures!

Love these! :)

I had a panic today when a client saw my Konad nails and asked about them...she decided she'd like some too! I've only ever done one set...mine! Anyway she is also a friend, so I did it. What do you think? I used a tiny brush to fill in in a couple of spots where it didn't pick up. I didn't charge her any extra (even though it took about half an hour!) but do you think I'd be able to charge for these? X

Two words: HELL YES!!! You should charge for nails like these, they are very pretty.
I do understand the harsh self critique; I do it to myself all the time but I am slowly realizing that very few other people notice mistakes (or they are to kind to say anything lol :lol:)

Absobloominlutely you should charge for these!!!! These are gorgeous! Well done you :hug: which plate have you used? And is this Barry M gold you've used?
Am ordering some today and think an "accidental" order of some Layla Holo's might occur too :eek:
"accidental" :D:D:D I will have to use that with the hubby... Your credit card "accidentaly" paid for my polish addiction, no clue how that happened... so sorry darling =D

I believe so, Picchi has stamped with it before. Just having a look now and the silver holo is sold out :sad: have just ordered my Barry M silver and Gold from Superdrug and not only free delivery but money off the polish too! :D

Picchi - Which of the Layla polishes would you really recommend for stamping? I think I'm going to get the black and the ocean blue, just wondered if these were good choices or if one of the others would be better? Do you have a colour that you feel stands out more?

I did a quick swatch of the laylas (#1-6) on a black cream before I tried stamping with the Layla holos. The only one I would not use is Mercury Twilight, as very strangely it didn't look very holo when stamped with. It looked like a pale silver and that's just about it. The others I swatched all looked beautiful but there was very little difference between them.

If I can find the tips I stamped on I will post a pic so you can make up your own mind.
In the pic I posted I stamped with Jade Grove but for no particular reason.

My favorite Layla is a hard question. I could not live with out Mercury Twilight and Flash Black as they are stunning and no other holo polish out there really holds a candle to those two polishes. But I was also very surprised by how much I liked Ultra Violet, Jade Grove, Retro Pink and Mermaid Spell!!! I thought I would love Coral Glam but it was a little too warm for my skin tone. The only one I personally am not crazy about is Ocean Rush but that's because I'm not crazy about dark blue as a nail polish colour on me, but it's a totally personal thing.

However that said thinking about it Ocean Rush would probably stamp well over white.......

Two words: HELL YES!!! You should charge for nails like these, they are very pretty.
I do understand the harsh self critique; I do it to myself all the time but I am slowly realizing that very few other people notice mistakes (or they are to kind to say anything lol :lol:)

Thank you! I'm such a flippin' perfectionist, I was adding tiny bits of polish to the gaps! Think I'll be ordering some holo polish now too! One day I might go a whole week without spending anything...xx

"accidental" :D:D:D I will have to use that with the hubby... Your credit card "accidentaly" paid for my polish addiction, no clue how that happened... so sorry darling =D

I did a quick swatch of the laylas (#1-6) on a black cream before I tried stamping with the Layla holos. The only one I would not use is Mercury Twilight, as very strangely it didn't look very holo when stamped with. It looked like a pale silver and that's just about it. The others I swatched all looked beautiful but there was very little difference between them.

If I can find the tips I stamped on I will post a pic so you can make up your own mind.
In the pic I posted I stamped with Jade Grove but for no particular reason.

My favorite Layla is a hard question. I could not live with out Mercury Twilight and Flash Black as they are stunning and no other holo polish out there really holds a candle to those two polishes. But I was also very surprised by how much I liked Ultra Violet, Jade Grove, Retro Pink and Mermaid Spell!!! I thought I would love Coral Glam but it was a little too warm for my skin tone. The only one I personally am not crazy about is Ocean Rush but that's because I'm not crazy about dark blue as a nail polish colour on me, but it's a totally personal thing.

However that said thinking about it Ocean Rush would probably stamp well over white.......

Thank you. It was over white that I was thinking of for the blue. I really wanted the silver holo but Bry doesn't have any at the mo :sad: so I may wait until that's back in stock then get that and the black for now. But knowing me 1 or 2 more may slip into the basket......

Thank you. It was over white that I was thinking of for the blue. I really wanted the silver holo but Bry doesn't have any at the mo :sad: so I may wait until that's back in stock then get that and the black for now. But knowing me 1 or 2 more may slip into the basket......

Now I feel guilty LOL. :p I don't have Mercury of Back right now

There are debates going at the moment to just how different Mercury Twilight and Jade Groove are. I would go with different enough but others disagree and say you don't need both....... :o I know Picchi would say she needs both :D

I am waiting for a new delivery but am waiting for my order to be processed. They will hopefully be back at the end of next week.

There are debates going at the moment to just how different Mercury Twilight and Jade Groove are. I would go with different enough but others disagree and say you don't need both....... :o I know Picchi would say she needs both :D

I am waiting for a new delivery but am waiting for my order to be processed. They will hopefully be back at the end of next week.

I have to wait another week??? Another week??? :eek: :lol: patience is a virtue I do not possess!! Lol! :D

See Bry you know and understand me :hug:

For the record I will admit that while Mercury Twilight and Jade Grove are haloing (I don't know if that is the right term but I love the word Bry) they can look similar. But for peats sake one is a white/silver holo the other is green, light green but still green!!!

I love this design so much I had to add! Im a betrayer, as it's not konad... Eek
*hides*

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1335651902.142872.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1335651902.142872.jpg
    45 KB · Views: 372
I love this design so much I had to add! Im a betrayer, as it's not konad... Eek
*hides*
This is stunning:Love::Love::Love:. It almost looks like minx.

*hides*

Oh my word, they're beautiful!

the stamp looks like one from XL plate B? ....is it?

I'd never really noticed that design much until now seeing it on your nails x

This is stunning:Love::Love::Love:. It almost looks like minx.

Thank you, these are a ladies I did, whom I had to talk her into trying stamping out.... She's now addicted, like the rest of us lol

Oh my word, they're beautiful!

the stamp looks like one from XL plate B? ....is it?

I'd never really noticed that design much until now seeing it on your nails x

Yeah it is, I believe, it's one of them.
Thank you for your lovely comment
X

Yaaayyyy! Finally mastered it! Think I was pushing the stamper too hard on the plate x

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1335794861.268448.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1335794861.268448.jpg
    45.6 KB · Views: 358
Mine today. Getting better at stamping although my right hand is not looking too good at the moment!

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1335795771.676560.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1335795771.676560.jpg
    132.6 KB · Views: 348
I've just had an email to say my konad kit will be delivered tomorrow ...... Can't wait x

inspired by Purebeauty2785's nails

shellac black pool
stamped with Barry M 319 foil effects
SS3 swarovski stones on accent finger

not perfect by any stretch of the imagination but they still look fab..

picture.php

inspired by Purebeauty2785's nails

shellac black pool
stamped with Barry M 319 foil effects
SS3 swarovski stones on accent finger

not perfect by any stretch of the imagination but they still look fab..

picture.php

I looked on plate B and couldn't find this design? Looks fab! Xx

Latest posts

Back