Konad-all you need to know and your favourite pics!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thank you I will take a look tomorrow when on laptop :)

I've got my first 2 plates m60 and m57 I think they were, what other plates would you recommend ?
All of them! and the bundle monster plates lol I can't wait for the new bundle monster set. Join the konad group to get more ideas x

Thanks Picchi
I just luv this thread your designs are just gorgeous, it's way too-addictive I luv it..😃

All of them! and the bundle monster plates lol I can't wait for the new bundle monster set. Join the konad group to get more ideas x
I can't wait for the new BM set either. I keep seeing teasers, of some of the new plates on the web, and I can't wait to send my order in.

Thanks Picchi
I just luv this thread your designs are just gorgeous, it's way too-addictive I luv it..😃
I love this thread too! I love seeing everyone designs, how many people have been inspired and have started with konad and are now loving it.

Talking about things I love... I have heard a rumour that there are new Layla Hologram polishes coming out :eek::Love::Love::Love:

I was wondering if the fabulous Bry could give me any information on these new awe inducing polishes?

Talking about things I love... I have heard a rumour that there are new Layla Hologram polishes coming out :eek::Love::Love::Love:

I was wondering if the fabulous Bry could give me any information on these new awe inducing polishes?

:Love::Love::Love:Apparently so, although I must say that this has come from a client and I am just waiting for Layla's official word.

Looks good to me though.

Am also loving the work of a blogger using temporary tattoo paper over these, have never seen anything like this before! More Nail Polish: Holographic Butterflies

Attachments

• laylaholos.jpg
    laylaholos.jpg
    54.9 KB · Views: 329
:Love::Love::Love:Apparently so, although I must say that this has come from a client and I am just waiting for Layla's official word.

Looks good to me though.

Am also loving the work of a blogger using temporary tattoo paper over these, have never seen anything like this before! More Nail Polish: Holographic Butterflies

OMG the new layla colors look STUNNING!!! Misty Blush, Coffee Love, Cloudy Violet, Red Taboo OMG they are all so amazingly beautiful:Love::Love::Love::Love:. Thank you so much for sharing this Bry!!! Please do keep me (us) updated, you know how nutty I get about holographic polishes!!!

I saw those holographic butterflies too!!! They are simply stunning but I am having a hard time finding the temporary tattoo paper here =(

I know I've asked before but curious to know from the last couple of posters, what silver have you used? My konad silver SP is awful and doesn't show at all, same for silver chrome Shellac. Am off to Sally's later for some nail files, thought I could pick up a CG or Pro polish silver if anyone recommends?? Xx

I know I've asked before but curious to know from the last couple of posters, what silver have you used? My konad silver SP is awful and doesn't show at all, same for silver chrome Shellac. Am off to Sally's later for some nail files, thought I could pick up a CG or Pro polish silver if anyone recommends?? Xx

I've used Barry M silver foil polish and its great! X

I've used Barry M silver foil polish and its great! X

I know, a couple of people have recommended that now but my Sally's doesn't stock that and the boots near me don't sell it either. So was just wondering if CG or Pro Polish have good silvers as I can grab one when I'm down there later xx If not then I'll have to see if someone can get me one from a Boots near then instead xx

Superdrugs sell BarryM, I bought some yesterday and they have £1 off if you buy 2 ;)

Karaxxx

I know, a couple of people have recommended that now but my Sally's doesn't stock that and the boots near me don't sell it either. So was just wondering if CG or Pro Polish have good silvers as I can grab one when I'm down there later xx If not then I'll have to see if someone can get me one from a Boots near then instead xx

Superdrug are good for Barry M

For golds Konad Light bronze and Grey pearl are best

Just placed an order for the gold and silver foil effect Barry M on Superdrugs website and got free delivery and £2 off!:) I think the free delivery runs from today until Mon 30th.

I get my Barry m from superdrug, it works fab!!

Picchi which holographic polish would you recommend, I'm dying to try it?😃

Just placed an order for the gold and silver foil effect Barry M on Superdrugs website and got free delivery and £2 off!:) I think the free delivery runs from today until Mon 30th.

Oooo fab, I shall order some tomorrow :)

I get my Barry m from superdrug, it works fab!!

Picchi which holographic polish would you recommend, I'm dying to try it?😃

---EDIT--- I edited this message as the one I sent last night I sent from my phone

Hand on my heart Layla has the best linear holos!!!
Nfu-Oh did fabulous holos but they changed the formula and now they are much less holo.
There are the China Glaze holo's from the OMG and Tronica Collections but they are not as fabulously holo as the Layla ones.
Apparently Gosh will be re-releasing their amazing silver holo this summer but again I have seen comparisons between the old Gosh holo and Layla. And Layla still won but the Gosh silver holo is legendary and a very valid holo.
The Brazilians have great holos by Ludurana, Mari Moon and some other producers but as you can imagine they are not easy to come by in Europe.
The Make Up Store and Jessica also make nice holos but they are not as colour diverse or as linear holo as the Laylas.

Personally unless the other polish makers pick up their game and bring out some fabulous holos I will be sticking with Layla:Love::Love::Love:.

Last edited:
I had a panic today when a client saw my Konad nails and asked about them...she decided she'd like some too! I've only ever done one set...mine! Anyway she is also a friend, so I did it. What do you think? I used a tiny brush to fill in in a couple of spots where it didn't pick up. I didn't charge her any extra (even though it took about half an hour!) but do you think I'd be able to charge for these? X

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1335532394.270829.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1335532394.270829.jpg
    128.4 KB · Views: 381
I had a panic today when a client saw my Konad nails and asked about them...she decided she'd like some too! I've only ever done one set...mine! Anyway she is also a friend, so I did it. What do you think? I used a tiny brush to fill in in a couple of spots where it didn't pick up. I didn't charge her any extra (even though it took about half an hour!) but do you think I'd be able to charge for these? X

Absobloominlutely you should charge for these!!!! These are gorgeous! Well done you :hug: which plate have you used? And is this Barry M gold you've used?
Am ordering some today and think an "accidental" order of some Layla Holo's might occur too :eek:

Absobloominlutely you should charge for these!!!! These are gorgeous! Well done you :hug: which plate have you used? And is this Barry M gold you've used?
Am ordering some today and think an "accidental" order of some Layla Holo's might occur too :eek:

Ah thanks Planky! You know what it's like...you look at your own work and pick holes in it! This was one of those XL nail art image stamping plate B (recommended somewhere in this thread!) and Barry M gold foil effect polish. Can you stamp with the Layla Holo polish? X

Ah thanks Planky! You know what it's like...you look at your own work and pick holes in it! This was one of those XL nail art image stamping plate B (recommended somewhere in this thread!) and Barry M gold foil effect polish. Can you stamp with the Layla Holo polish? X

I believe so, Picchi has stamped with it before. Just having a look now and the silver holo is sold out :sad: have just ordered my Barry M silver and Gold from Superdrug and not only free delivery but money off the polish too! :D

Picchi - Which of the Layla polishes would you really recommend for stamping? I think I'm going to get the black and the ocean blue, just wondered if these were good choices or if one of the others would be better? Do you have a colour that you feel stands out more?

i did these on my friend last night, recently bought the BM set to add to my konad, quite sutle but very stunning to look at i was jealous they were her nails, although my camera seems to always dull down my nail pictures!

Attachments

• laura gelish close up.jpg
    laura gelish close up.jpg
    54.3 KB · Views: 403
  • laura gelish.jpg
    laura gelish.jpg
    52.3 KB · Views: 375

Latest posts

Back