Shellac and Gelish

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've just found a post from Georgie, who i believe is now the UK distributor for Hamony and Gelish. This is what she said regarding gelish

'Re Gelish being another soak off gel, this is also incorrect. It has a degree of strength to it, more so than polish, but it too is a hybrid, or FUSION between Gel and Polish, you can smell the polish in it just as you can with Shellac (as I've seen mentioned here).
Why do you think Harmony called it Gelish!! :D'

I would think it would fall in the same box as shellac as far as insurance was concerned.

Here's a link to the thread if you would like to read her full post http://www.salongeek.com/nail-geek/110292-gelish-gel-polishes-8.html its around half way down page 8 and is posted by 'monkeystails'

Hopefully this will help with the confusion on insurance :hug:

Thankyou for clarifying this :hug:

I was sure with what i was thinking xxx

Have been told by Bagpuss to add this query onto this search - I was wondering which of these two has the better "marketing" material, ie sales literature
JES

I think it is early days in the marketing. Anecdotaly, more people appear to have heard of shellac.

Have been told by Bagpuss to add this query onto this search - I was wondering which of these two has the better "marketing" material, ie sales literature
JES

I cant speak for Gelish but I am sure that Shellac do appointments cards, postcards and other marketing peices...Sweet Squared would let you know what other bits they do. x

I just tried Google to see what types of links were coming up for both brands.

I tried Shellac Nails and then Gelish Nails.

It was quite interesting and may help in answering your question.

If you look at my haircare site, click on shellac, and have a look at the stuff Mrs Geek kindly sent. Quite possibly why our clients know about it!

Marketing for consumer awareness I would have to answer Shellac.

My clients now ask for both Shellac and Gelish by name according to their preference

I have had clients ask about the " new polish that dries in a lamp", not one has asked for a specific brand name as yet probably because it has not reached the beauty pages editors choice in the tabloids or glossy magazines as yet, wont be long tho I'm sure. I offer both products & have the full colour range in both so I show them my colour wheels & let them decide .

So I think some people (a minority as yet) are aware there is a new type of nail service out there, but do nor necessarily know the name of the product.

We have clients coming in from all around asking for Shellac by name. No one has ever asked for anything else by name.

I put this down to:

1. Our clients trying anything we recommend because we recommend it! lol

2. Our clients subsequently going out and raving about Shellac and how fab it is to anyone who will listen.

3. We the technicians talking to anyone and everyone about the service and always having cards on us to hand out.

4. Wearing it ourselves so that people can see our gorgeous Shellacked nails.

5. Just the plain old enthusiasm, excitement and the positive energy from everyone who uses it or wears it.

Shellac was mentioned in this months copy of Zest magazine on its beauty pages as being the manicure you have to have if you are going on holiday.

I Beg to differ.. we are getting numerous calls a day from varying pockets of the country asking where they can become Gelish.
To call the response phenominal would be an understatement.
We of course pass on these to the countless Salons that have been Harmonised.
For those areas not covered by us yet its great that the customers are strolling through the doors with so many options available to them!

As for awareness keep a look out over the next few months .. many exciting surprises in store from Team Nail Harmony Uk .

xx

I thought we were discussing Clients coming to the salon and specifically asking for Shellac not wholesale customer enquirers. My post was about clients requesting Shellac services.

Others who are interested take a look at the Shellac Lovers Group here on the site if you'd like to see the Shellac PR and numerous Television videos.

Yes Geeg..
I am talking about clients wanting their own nails Gelish! Not wholesale.
I also know of many of our salons clients asking specifically for Gelish and in particular colours they have seen.

However as was pointed out earlier, many customers have seen the hype and excitment of ZERO drying time and that can only benefit all of us.

xx

Yes Geeg..
I am talking about clients wanting their own nails Gelish! Not wholesale.
I also know of many of our salons clients asking specifically for Gelish and in particular colours they have seen.

However as was pointed out earlier, many customers have seen the hype and excitment of ZERO drying time and that can only benefit all of us.

xx

On that note Georgie :hug: I have changed the name of this thread as it shouldn't really be a one thing versus another thing. It is all to the greater glory! :)n Agreed?

Oh and there's us wanting a big Shellac V Gelish FIGHT hehe ..
Yes indeed, glad you changed the name we can all work together in Harmony :wink2:

Love n Hugs
Georgie n Jason
xx

If you look at my haircare site, click on shellac, and have a look at the stuff Mrs Geek kindly sent. Quite possibly why our clients know about it!

Hi, thanks for your help - I must be an idiot at the mo but can't see Shellac on the site? Can you direct me as I'm having a dumb moment please? x

Oh and there's us wanting a big Shellac V Gelish FIGHT hehe ..
Yes indeed, glad you changed the name we can all work together in Harmony :wink2:

Love n Hugs
Georgie n Jason
xx

I think the Lyric is actually ... SWEET Harmony!! lol

Shellac promo stuff on Welcome - Indigo Hair & Beauty
Either click on the shellac logo on on the left hand index where it says shellac. Mrs geek was very kind sending me the stuff. looks great!

=persianista;1079496]Shellac promo stuff on Welcome - Indigo Hair & Beauty
Either click on the shellac logo on on the left hand index where it says shellac. Mrs geek was very kind sending me the stuff. looks great!
Wow, that reads fantastically, good marketing. Can I ask does Mrs Geek send the link to other users? (I don't have my Shellac in yet as have to wait until it next comes in.) Would love that on my website. I don't have a MINX link either? www.jeanettehealthandbeauty.co.uk

Thanks again Persianista x

Latest posts

Back