Shellac and Gelish

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm sure if you ask her she will be happy to help.

Thanks for that x (PS your website is A grade x)

does gelish remove as easily as shellac??

I bought into the the hype and got the Shellac system. I absolutely love it and have converted many customers. Now..time for new application. No Shellac Basecoat available ANYWHERE. There is a statement of apology on the CND website, but that is small consolation when I have people booked for Shellac. I hope Gelish doesn't make this mistake. I have ordered a basic set of the Gelish and am excited because of the variety of colors available. I hope it meets my expectations and hope to keep updated on both products through posts on this site.

is Gelish available in Ireland

phone Jason or Georgie and find out 0800 014 8300

Hi - I'm very new to nails and have been looking to buy some Shellac but now Ive seen Gelish I just don't know. Do you have to buff the nail plate with Gelish? I think that would be the decider for me coz I know you don't have to with Shellac. Thanks

Hi - I'm very new to nails and have been looking to buy some Shellac but now Ive seen Gelish I just don't know. Do you have to buff the nail plate with Gelish? I think that would be the decider for me coz I know you don't have to with Shellac. Thanks

Nope, it is the same as shellac.

No there is no need to remove the shine, just the usual cleaning of the nail plate as you would do before polishing! There is a Gelish lovers group, you will find most of your answers on there if you want to come and have a look:)

I use shellac right now and love it but, I'm concerned about having enough base coat for my clients next week. I might try Gelish if its missing the 3 chemicals like shellac's 3 free hypoallergic. Is Gelish hypoallergic?

What is the recommended 'leave on' time for Gelish? I know Shellac recommend 2 weeks - is Gelish similar? Thanks

Most people have it on for 2 weeks but 3 weeks is fine. You only have the regrowth to worry about as it is the same as Shellac for wear and tear so no chipping or peeling or dulling of top coat. Most of my clients can't wait to try the next colour! :)

Latest posts

Back