Konad-all you need to know and your favourite pics!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It will be interesting to see how these stamp, as some cheaper versions don't pick up very well and images are not as sharp! Will u post some pics of nails once you've used them? X

Wow, there's a lot of images! I'd be interested to see how they stamp too. The only think I'm not keen on, on first glance, is they have the curved bit at the bottom. Not quite sure what the point of that is unless you have mega long nails and you are using the image as a tip design :confused: Or am I being a plank again????

Wow, there's a lot of images! I'd be interested to see how they stamp too. The only think I'm not keen on, on first glance, is they have the curved bit at the bottom. Not quite sure what the point of that is unless you have mega long nails and you are using the image as a tip design :confused: Or am I being a plank again????

nope, you're not being a plank. They're curved for use as tip designs x

It will be interesting to see how these stamp, as some cheaper versions don't pick up very well and images are not as sharp! Will u post some pics of nails once you've used them? X

yes indeedy x

The trouble is you all put pictures up of new things, then I want them all and spend all the money I earn on new stuff lol. I need more self control lol xx

The trouble is you all put pictures up of new things, then I want them all and spend all the money I earn on new stuff lol. I need more self control lol xx

sorry hun - you and me both! lol x

Inspired by Pichhi but not nearly as amazing!

Magneffect in Brown Sugar plain and then with Konad Light Bronze and Brown with plate M57

I think the bronze took away the qualities of the magneffect though
I think the Brown Sugar lacks enough contrast to show up under the konad, or maybe the pattern of the konad brakes up the lines made in the magnetic polish leaving our eyes unable to see it :sad: Bry I'm so happy you posted this, I have learnt (sp???) things from your post and that is so important to me!

Got myself some Barry M so had a play. Works a treat!

View attachment 14011
Barry M foils are definitely stamping polishes and cheep to boot!!!!

these have come in the post this morning, and a few observations

1. They don't have the blue plastic holder protector on the back of the plates. They're just the steel plates.

2. The plates aren't as large as I expected (for some reason i thought they'd be A4 sized. They're 8" by 6"), but full nail images are still bigger than Konad ones, I've just measured them, they're coming up at 15mm wide by 20mm high.

3 the images are so nice - see photos...

picture.php

I love the circle patterns on this one, top row and some of the second row.

picture.php

These all look stunning!!!

picture.php

I love the design top row second on the left. And the two designs on the bottom of the plate, first column, penultimate and last designs, I neeeed them!!!

Each plate is identified in my album
hope it helps.... xx

I edited them out but the last plates with the individual designs are just fantastic. I think I may look into getting them as the choice of designs is almost infinite and they are such pretty designs!!!
Thank you so much for posting this!!! But you are a stamping enabler :D

I think the Brown Sugar lacks enough contrast to show up under the konad, or maybe the pattern of the konad brakes up the lines made in the magnetic polish leaving our eyes unable to see it :sad: Bry I'm so happy you posted this, I have learnt (sp???) things from your post and that is so important to me!

On closer inspection I think that the glitter of the bronze hides the contrast but we live and learn :wink2:

Amazed you have learnt anything from me, super flattered!!

Amazed you have learnt anything from me, super flattered!!

Okay, I don't get if you are being sincere or if you are pulling my leg. If it's the first case then hun, you and all the other geeks hear have taught me so much!!! Before I found this site I was wading though the internet not knowing what to believe but thanks to this site I learnt (how do you spell this word?) about the anatomy of the nail, nail care, some nail chemistry, and some polish chemistry, and how to stamp better. Hell it was you who let me know I probably needed a new stamper!!! If it was not for you I would probably have given up on konad :eek:

But if you are pulling my leg, then I say to you: Oh shut up you silly lady:hug:!

Last edited:
Learnt is correct btw! :) x

If Carlsberg made threads.....:D

Hey guys!!!!! Long time no speak!!! Well a few weeks but it sure does feel like months :( I have been so busy with work and clients and wedding planning! The last set of shellac I did on myself had NO art on at all due to time and those who know me know that's not like me at all!

I just wanted to pop on quickly and say hi and that all of your nails look totally amazing and have inspired me for when I re shellac this Sunday - am making time for me and I don't care how selfish I sound lol!!! And planky....I am so glad you have finally mastered the art of konad! I bet you are well and truly hooked npand there will be no stopping you now :)

I will post a pic of my nails after I have done them on sat and as I have had plain colour for the last 2 weeks I think I might go a little crazy!

Catch you all soon and when im back I will be like a bad penny that you just can't get rid of lol!!! Xxx

Sent from my MZ604 using SalonGeek

Learnt is correct btw! :) x
Ahhh lol, whenever I write it spell check tells me it's wrong lol:D.

If Carlsberg made threads.....:D
Hihihihi, you are right. Bry I'm sorry, I think I understood things that where not really there.

Hey guys!!!!! Long time no speak!!! Well a few weeks but it sure does feel like months :( I have been so busy with work and clients and wedding planning! The last set of shellac I did on myself had NO art on at all due to time and those who know me know that's not like me at all!

I just wanted to pop on quickly and say hi and that all of your nails look totally amazing and have inspired me for when I re shellac this Sunday - am making time for me and I don't care how selfish I sound lol!!! And planky....I am so glad you have finally mastered the art of konad! I bet you are well and truly hooked npand there will be no stopping you now :)

I will post a pic of my nails after I have done them on sat and as I have had plain colour for the last 2 weeks I think I might go a little crazy!

Catch you all soon and when im back I will be like a bad penny that you just can't get rid of lol!!! Xxx

Jo, we all miss you!!! I hope your hubby-to-be knows that once you are married he will have to share you with us :wink2:

Just a quick update!

I have just tried a very small and subtle motif on my ring fingers, over my two coats of Shellac Negligee. I used China Glaze, one of the whites I bought for french. Well would you believe it? The viscosity (sp!) of the white is too good for stamping! I need to find something thicker, as it was a little wishy washy.

I remembered all your hints from reading this thread and I only had a little difficulty with visability of placing the stamp on my right hand. The polish dried straight away (I could touch it) and I popped Lumos top coat over it virtually straight away with no smudging.

I will try a full nail design at the weekend in a bolder colour and may well be shouting for help!

More playing. Trying some spring combinations in the glorious rain :rolleyes:

Attachments

• pink 2 tone.JPG
    pink 2 tone.JPG
    52 KB · Views: 241
  • fruit.JPG
    fruit.JPG
    65.3 KB · Views: 248

we miss you Jo xxxxxxx

looking forward to your up-dates :Love:

Okay, I don't get if you are being sincere or if you are pulling my leg. If it's the first case then hun, you and all the other geeks hear have taught me so much!!! Before I found this site I was wading though the internet not knowing what to believe but thanks to this site I learnt (how do you spell this word?) about the anatomy of the nail, nail care, some nail chemistry, and some polish chemistry, and how to stamp better. Hell it was you who let me know I probably needed a new stamper!!! If it was not for you I would probably have given up on konad :eek:

But if you are pulling my leg, then I say to you: Oh shut up you silly lady:hug:!

Now Picchi I would not pull your leg I promise. Your work is always amazing and you know you have helped me so very much :Love:

Bry these are stunning!!! I really like the pink one with the tiger and fishnet but OMG the fruit :Love::Love::Love:!!!

Chief stamper! These r fab! How on earth do u get 3 stamps on 1 nail! X

Latest posts

Back