Does anyone have male pedicure clients?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cheekychick

Reaction score
Hi, this is quite long so please bare with me. :)

I received a call an hour ago from a man asking about pedicures.
Asked if I do them, I replied that its the same procedure but I have never done one before.
He seemed friendly enough and although I was surprised to hear a male voice I didn't want to
Be rude and say a flat 'no i wont do it' so I said I would but booked for 2 weeks in advance so I can have a think about it.

I asked if he could text the address as I was driving (hands free) which he did.
When I got home I realised he called from a blocked number.
(I have his number from the text) but wondered why you would block it to book a pedi?

Turns out its a high rise flat in a roughish area near me.

He booked for my latest appt (he asked for latest as possible, which is 8pm)

And if I didn't already feel weird about it, he then text me to say
'How come you've never done your fella a pedicure before?'

Am I right to think he's testing to see if I have someone to go home to?

I replied with ' because his feet won't fit in my footspa :) '

I know I probably sound stupid but am I reading too much into it?
Should I go?
I don't know what to say if I don't go.

Sorry for the waffling
Sam
Xx

Hi, well i wouldn't go alone, can you ask why he needs such a late app, hopefully he'll tell you what he does, then your finding out a bit more about him, i would take someone with me and just make out you often pair up OR i would dizz that one altogether

DONT DO IT! Gut instinct is normally right, dont even take a friend! :Scared:

Go with your gut I agree! He may be completely innocent and it may go fine, but you are already weary of him and I would not feel comfortable doing a male late at night in a rough area on my own.
Could always say that your boyfriend is not happy with you going there so late and maybe he should come to you if he still wants the pedicure. ?? Do you know how he heard about you ?

Let us know what u decide!!

I agree with everyone else, and I ALWAYS go with my gut instinct

Sent from my LG-LG855 using SalonGeek

Thank you all for Your advice. i dont Have anyone who can go with me then. so I'm not going to go. I thought it was really weird that he asked about my partner.
My gut instinct is to not go so your right. I suppose I was stupid to even consider it.
He said he got my number from my gumtree advert. I forgot it was even still on there.
Thank you
Xx

Definitely don't do it. I do Man-I-cures but so far they have all been elderly, the sort that don't have the strength to clip their own nails.

I would NEVER do Man-I-Cure in the Evening..... You can't be too careful these days!

Gut instinct never lies x

If your gut instinct is telling you not to go then don't. It's there for a reason, far to many times we ignore it.
I do have male clients that have pedicures, but most of them, so have been quite lucky.
It's always hard to judge who is genuine or not,maybe if you only take appointments from male clients that can provide a verified address and verified credit card payment in the same name? Make sure you take someone with you or provide them with the name and address and the treatment timings, text or call them once you've completed your appointment? There's not much else you can do really. :)

Thank you :)
I'm going to call tomorrow, he's booked in for the 12th.
I haven't a clue what I'm going to say though.
He could be a genuine person but your all right you can't be more careful these days.
I'm starting in a salon on Saturday so
brainwave! : I'm thinking I could say I've got to work that day but he's more than welcome to come to the salon for his appointment?
Xx

Xx

you could say that because you were driving you didn't ask him all the relevant questions and tell him you'll need his full name and address so that you can do an electoral role check, for security purposes. You can be friendly about it and if he is genuine he won't mind at all. If he gets funny don't go! You can do electoral role checks on 192.com. I was once called out as a hoax to a lady with terrible arthritis by her neighbours who were harassing her. It was later in the evening and dark and her husband opened the door I was very wary at a man opening the door but as I was in my whites he thought I was the nurse! Our gut instinct tells us a greta deal and if it feels wrong just don't do it. x

Sounds a bit dodgy, is it worth the risk for whatever you charge? I think it's odd for a man to want a pedicure anyway and if they did I think they would be more likely to go to a shop. X

Sounds a bit dodgy, is it worth the risk for whatever you charge? I think it's odd for a man to want a pedicure anyway and if they did I think they would be more likely to go to a shop. X

There's nothing odd about men wanting to go for pedicures, I have many male clients for pedicures alone. I think most therapists just put a creep sticker on a mans forehead because he's a man and nothing more. Why should he go to a shop for a pedicure? Why can't he have one done in the comfort of his own home??

I think the only thing the op did wrong was tell this guy that she never did a male pedicure, it opens up the door for wierd questions

There's nothing odd about men wanting to go for pedicures, I have many male clients for pedicures alone. I think most therapists just put a creep sticker on a mans forehead because he's a man and nothing more. Why should he go to a shop for a pedicure? Why can't he have one done in the comfort of his own home??

I think the only thing the op did wrong was tell this guy that she never did a male pedicure, it opens up the door for wierd questions

I have done more pedicures on men then women lol mostly cause I live on a military post but I don't think it's weird most of them are very shy and insecure about it maybe that's why he wanted a late appt in his home. But if you don't feel comfortable dont do it I had to invest In a nice giant ceramic bowl just for the guys with big feet :)

I used to work mobile and from home and had several weird questions from men - but also had some great male clients. I never did men unless they were introduced by one of my female clients, and then generally no problems. You are allowed to specify that you only take female clients because of the intimate nature of your job. You do not HAVE to do male clients, especially working from home/mobile. I had a guy give me the biggest load of abuse because I wouldn't come to his house, and had another guy furious because I wouldn't do male intimate waxing. I told him it was a special skill that I had not trained in, but he was furious, even tho I gave him the number of a local gents salon that offered it. Would you let someone near your bits without training etc? Offer your man a ped in the salon. If he doesn't want it, don't go to his house. Make a good excuse, and if he tries to rebook, tell him things have changed and now you only do gents at the salon. Good luck! X

I totally understand that men want these sort of treatments and of course why shouldn't they look after themselves.
He just caught me off guard as it was a blocked number and I assumed it was going to be Ppi crap or something. so when he asked me about it I was honest when I should have just booked him as normal and not said it was my first.

And the comment about my fiances feet not fitting in wasn't true lol. I just said that so that was a nice sort of way to let him know I had a partner stupid I know but was the first thing
That popped into my head. I have a belava so I'm sure they would fit :)
I'm going to offer him the same appointment time and date but in the shop as they are open until 9 up To Christmas.
I don't want to offend him because he could be a genuine guy and probably is.
Thanks for all your help
XxX

There's nothing wrong with mobile and nothing wrong with men wanting nail services (nor is there any difference in an evening and day appointment!) but mobiles so often open themselves up to all sorts of dangerous situations! A woman going into an unknown persons home? It doesn't matter if the appointment is with a woman.

I believe there should be several safety precautions in place. First make sure someone has access to your diary so someone knows where you are. Second, when you arrive at a new clients home, make a phone call in their hearing to tell someone that you have arrived at the ?????? address and you'll text/call when you leave. Even if it is a pretend call it will let them know someone knows where you are and when you leave.

Crime doesn't always happen to other people

I can understand you being wary of the situation, and at the end of the day, you do want's best for you!

But to call this situation "dodgy" because he wants a pedicure is very unfair. I have many male clients who have all sorts of treatments until 10pm sometimes! And why shouldn't they, they don't get back from work until 7. And calling from a withheld number isn't odd, he may be really nervous, hence why he wants one at home and not go into a salon where everyone will think he is "dodgy" for having a pedicure!

I hope he enjoys his treatment. X

Sent from my GT-I9100 using SalonGeek

Sent from my GT-I9100 using SalonGeek

I don't do men's pedicures. Not that I have anything against men, their feet or providing services to them, but they have long legs, I have short arms, and when I go to do the massage, their feet always land right between my boobies. Rather awkward for everyone involved

Latest posts

Back